Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
I've watched this 3 times and I still can't really figure out how he shot himself. First, he has a very odd grip on the weapon - i thought at first it was one of those funky guns with a handle underneath the barrel, or something like that.......but his thumb doesn't shift or move at all from what I can see, so I'm not sure how he 'shot' himself. Maybe something flew off the gun and impaled his hand, but I just can't see where he had any movement.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I think his buddy's interference was a huge distraction and a contributing factor. I would have told him to back off. :mad:

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
It looked as if he flipped it to 'automatic' and it jumped out of his hand firing rounds in 'auto' and put one into his loose hand.

I was thinking it's a little retarded to have something that small be a full auto, but there's a bunch of questionable things that go on in this world.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The Glock 18 is really a great piece of machinery. Just go to Youtube and search Glock 18 or Glock full-auto and you'll see non-idiotic people using them properly.

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
I'm assuming a Glock 18 is illegal as hell.....otherwise, I'd see them in gunshops.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I think it's only available to law enforcement officers, or something of the nature.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They are not illegal so to speak:

The Glock 18 is a selective fire weapon (designated a Class III firearm) and therefore falls under the NFA (National Firearms Act). The NFA covers any machine guns (MG), short barrelled rifles (SBR) or shotguns (SBS), any other weapons (AOW) (pen guns and things of that nature), large bore destructive devices (LBDD) (i.e 40 mm grenade launchers), explosive, incendiary or poison gas destructive device (EXPDD) (i.e grenades and things that go boom), sound suppressors (aka silencers), and any rifle or carbine that has push pin receivers (this makes it easy to convert into a full-auto firearm). Those are all class three weapons, they are legal to own (with around a year of background checks, a LEO signature, a $200 tax stamp, and you will be spending $7000 +) but they are hard to come by and if you do get one that is only in certain states. Around 38 states allow class three firearms or weapons. Note: any class III firearm is going to be used you can not get pre-samples, LE weapons, etc., it will be a used firearm*

*taken from a friend of mine on PoliceWorld.net

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
That is true that most class III weapons that are registered to individuals have to be made before may 1986, but what about all those companies out there making machine guns? And what about the private security firms that provide private little armies to hot spots? What type of license do they have?

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
That's the range I shoot at I can tell by the bouncing target. It's right under the ventilation and no mater what you do it will bounce up an down I moved over 2 lanes and everything is fine its at Murfreesboro TN. Called on Target and you can rent full auto there. Of course there is more then the target I shoot there all the time so i recognize it well.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i can't figure out how he shot him self.. it does'nt look like his hand is in front of the muzzle.. it almost looks like the shot goes sideways out the left side of the slide.

·
Registered
402 Posts
After watching it a couple times I think he was holding a grip with his left hand. At the end he fires a burst, the grip breaks off and he puts one in the back of his hand. He's got it on auto because it fires a burst the first time he pulls the trigger. And his buddy tells him it's on semi before flipping it over. Then he fires a couple singles before firing the burst that breaks it. I'm pretty sure you can see the grip on the floor next to the right partition as the video ends.

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
I wonder if the guys in the emergency room had to call the cops to come out, just because it was a gun injury.....albeit self-inflicted.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I think the grip is like the one on the Beretta 92 auto its folds up in front of the trigger guard when not in use. You can see the gun turn sideways and that's when it got him.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thats why I like going on week days, all by myself in the range. I would have not liked being next to him.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I agree on the weekday thing went on a sat. Morning and it was packed and the newbies there were renting full auto's and acting like fools never again. Only week day shooting for me, I'm normally the only one there maybe one other but they seem to be Permit holders or LEO because they all act vary professionally.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts