Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a TCP last month. Gun arrives fine. Here is where the issue starts:

Spent about an hour on hold to order a mag. Was told without serial number I can't order a spare mag. Never heard of this crap before from any company. I knew what model range my gun was and even though their mag serial number stuff only affect the A series and I had a D series, they wouldn't sell.

Finally get serial and order a mag (97 minutes on hold and had been cut off in the phone system 3 times going from 2nd in line to 3rd in line) and finally had a woman send me the mag. $9 shipping on a small item for 110 miles in transit.

Mag arrived and set aside for a couple weeks as I didn't have .380 ammo. I open the package and find the mag looks like Napoleon Tannerite dragged it down his driveway. The follower is dirty and caked with residue. I held for about a half hour today and speak to a guy named German. He says I have to pay to ship the mag back and they will send me a new one but not apologize in any way or give a return shipping label. I asked if they could send a new mag with a label inside and they refused also.

What a horrible way to do business. I hope you never get anymore customers after you the way you treated this first timer.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Sorry you have had such trouble. Not typical for Taurus CS.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
Sorry for your experience, can't offer any suggestions because I did not have any problems with CS the few times I have called them. Can you post a picture of the Mag. All the ones I have seen that look dirty just needed cleaned up good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own a TCP although I don't use it any longer. I've only called Taurus CS once about a slide lock issue. After sitting on hold for over an hour I just hung up and fixed the problem myself.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
aahhh-ummm-ahh!!!
well glad you got to vent!
but obviously you do not relaize that this forum has nothing to do with the actual Taurus company, Right??
so your wishes will likely go unfulfilled.
call the company and complain.
personally and I know this may be different but i have recieved very good customer service from Colt, beretta, Ruger and taurus each time i have needed to contact them.

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
I merged your two identical rants. Please read the guidelines and along with the rest of them, don't post duplicate threads in different sections.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I purchased a TCP last month. Gun arrives fine. Here is where the issue starts:

Spent about an hour on hold to order a mag. Was told without serial number I can't order a spare mag. Never heard of this crap before from any company. I knew what model range my gun was and even though their mag serial number stuff only affect the A series and I had a D series, they wouldn't sell.

Ever tried to contact your satellite TV company or a credit card company about a CS issue? (Taurus is not the only company that has the automated answering feature where you have to wait your turn to talk to a representative.)

Requiring a serial number before selling a magazine doesn't seem too far-fetched to me. I'm sure the representative was merely following the Taurus policies on this matter.

Finally get serial and order a mag (97 minutes on hold and had been cut off in the phone system 3 times going from 2nd in line to 3rd in line) and finally had a woman send me the mag. $9 shipping on a small item for 110 miles in transit.

Yep, if you order a product online or from a catalogue, you will normally pay a shipping charge. Ever order anything from Sportsman's Guide or Sportsman's Warehouse? They charge shipping fees too.

Mag arrived and set aside for a couple weeks as I didn't have .380 ammo. I open the package and find the mag looks like Napoleon Tannerite dragged it down his driveway.

They sent you a used, scratched magazine?

The follower is dirty and caked with residue.

The residue is likely cosmoline, or some other preservative that prevents metal from rusting or corroding while in a warehouse stock bin or underneath the counter of a gun shop.

I held for about a half hour today and speak to a guy named German. He says I have to pay to ship the mag back and they will send me a new one but not apologize in any way or give a return shipping label. I asked if they could send a new mag with a label inside and they refused also.

It shouldn't cost you more than a couple of bucks to mail the small magazine back to them.

What a horrible way to do business. I hope you never get anymore customers after you the way you treated this first timer.

Lastly, TaurusArmed.net is in no way connected to Taurus International or Taurus Holdings, so your last comment falls on the deaf ears of devoted Taurus fans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rough experience for sure, but as with most companies the experience depends greatly on both the person with whom you are speaking as well as the interaction itself. I have dealt with Taurus customer service on three occasions and have never once found them to be discourteous even when I was a little stressed after having the same issues after already sending out my Taurus. Stay positive, stay pleasant and often, I've found, it is reciprocated. Hope your experience with the firearm is a good one.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hope Taurus works on their Customer Service and brings it in line with their product standard. No one should have to wait on the phone for these lengths of time. Can't these purchases and returns be handled by email or something electonically similar? I recall just a few months ago that one of our finest went to their plant in Florida and was told that their number one objective was improved customer service... this would go a long way to making them rich and their customers happy! I am sure that telling the OP to be courteous is well intentioned but after waiting so long on the phone, his courtesy isn't the issue, it is lack of phone answering staff on the other end that is. For folks to say, "I have never had any problem... etc", is kind of, well, banal. It doesn't help the guy with the 90 minute hold time...

·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
Their average length of call is around 25 minutes, which surprised me quite a bit. They have extended their call hours to 2000 hours EDT to try and spread out the call volume. I asked that they make up a bar graph for us to easily show what peak hours are in order to alert our members to the best times to call. A peak volume guide was posted some 4 weeks ago. They continually investigate email, but the studies show that it is actually more labor intensive as it is prone to repeat back and forth messages which can by misinterpreted. An on-line ordering for simple parts for customization and replacement could streamline their work load and was discussed with them. This could take away the simple.."I need a new recoil spring" call off their phones.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Their average length of call is around 25 minutes, which surprised me quite a bit. They have extended their call hours to 2000 hours EDT to try and spread out the call volume. I asked that they make up a bar graph for us to easily show what peak hours are in order to alert our members to the best times to call. A peak volume guide was posted some 4 weeks ago. They continually investigate email, but the studies show that it is actually more labor intensive as it is prone to repeat back and forth messages which can by misinterpreted. An on-line ordering for simple parts for customization and replacement could streamline their work load and was discussed with them. This could take away the simple.."I need a new recoil spring" call off their phones.
This truly needs to happen if they want to move forward. Even Bersa has such. If they don't improve in this area, IMO all the Carry On etc... will be for not. Let's not put the cart before the horse. I'll never wait 90 mins on the phone, for any product or service, that's just unacceptable in today's world. I like my Taurus's very much & have had no issues. Good luck to the op, the 738 is a great piece.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I've never heard of, or read of, anyone waiting 90 minutes holding on the phone waiting on a Taurus CS Rep...not until reading this thread, that is.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
With a lifetime warranty and millions of firearms out there im surprised you dont have to leave a callback number to get through. Put your phone on speaker and read up on some TA while you wait.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
This guy has only made 2 posts. I think we have a troll here

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I have had 4-5-6 turns at Cutomer service, normally buying parts--Never mind that its a Frankenstein complex!!
BUT I have never needed to wait I would estimate more than about 5 mintues for the nexrt operator and then maybe another 5- 10 minutes for the required info and them finding the parts on their computer or what ever they use.
Of course now in all fairness this was before all the crazy gun hoarding and buying took place.
and they were helpful and courteous each time as was i.
TO me and i am not the least bit computer savy, but if it was me i think that i would make an entirely seperate section of the company devoted to ordering parts, and it would have a computerized ordering system or the option to talk to a opertaor if you didn't know what part you actually needed?
that would get the parts department out of the entire warranty, repair, sales info loop.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.