Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Twelve weeks, fifteen weeks, or twenty weeks; if you're not shooting it, what does it matter?

I think the 12 week turnaround that Taurus claims is just to give them plenty of time for a repair.
I sent back a G2 for a trigger repair, and got it back in 3 weeks.

I also sent back a 738 for a repair, and it took the full 12 weeks before they replaced it (I suspect they lost it).

If I were you, I'd send your Millennium back to Taurus, and ask them to replace it with a new TH9C. The price is approximately the same as a G2C.
When Taurus said they wanted to replace my 738 with a Spectrum, I asked if I could get a G2C instead, and they approved.
That was before they came out with the TH9C.

I recently got a TH9C, and I think it's great! It's the same size as a G2C, but has a hammer, AND has a decocker. It also comes with both a 13-round, and a 15-round magazine. The only shortcoming on the TH9C is that the base of the 13-round magazine is flat, which leaves my little finger dangling in the wind. Not to worry, because the good people at Galloway Precision (www.gallowayprecision.com) offer a small extention for only $12.50, which supports my little finger, AND allows an additional round to be loaded, making it a 14-round magazine. That's a Twofer!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I just called Taurus, they claim that everything has a lifetime warranty which I know is not true. They also say that warranty service is a 12 week turn around so that is not an option, I refuse to wait 3 months, I’d sooner just replace it than put up with lousy service like that.
Sounds like you have solved your own problem then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Twelve weeks, fifteen weeks, or twenty weeks; if you're not shooting it, what does it matter?

I think the 12 week turnaround that Taurus claims is just to give them plenty of time for a repair.
I sent back a G2 for a trigger repair, and got it back in 3 weeks.

I also sent back a 738 for a repair, and it took the full 12 weeks before they replaced it (I suspect they lost it).

If I were you, I'd send your Millennium back to Taurus, and ask them to replace it with a new TH9C. The price is approximately the same as a G2C.
When Taurus said they wanted to replace my 738 with a Spectrum, I asked if I could get a G2C instead, and they approved.
That was before they came out with the TH9C.

I recently got a TH9C, and I think it's great! It's the same size as a G2C, but has a hammer, AND has a decocker. It also comes with both a 13-round, and a 15-round magazine. The only shortcoming on the TH9C is that the base of the 13-round magazine is flat, which leaves my little finger dangling in the wind. Not to worry, because the good people at Galloway Precision (www.gallowayprecision.com) offer a small extention for only $12.50, which supports my little finger, AND allows an additional round to be loaded, making it a 14-round magazine. That's a Twofer!
It’s the principal of it, 12 weeks is just absurd for warranty work. Also, as inaccurate as this thing is it is currently the only thing in my arsenal in it’s class, everything else I have is either a service pistol or a mouse gun so I would have nothing to fill it’s niche during that time and that’s an issue, particularly with current events.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Took almost 11 months for them to replace PT111MP with a G2C. I hadn't shot it for a year anyway, shooting other things. That was about a year ago, maybe they are quicker now.

·
Vendor
141 Posts
I’ve nothing against the G2 and almost got one at the time and in truth would actually prefer it over the PT111 Millennium due to the lack of the silly lock however what pushed me to the Millennium was that it was still covered by the old lifetime warranty vs the current limited warranty.
Can we get a picture of this gun? I feel like there may be some confusion about the exact model you have.

I like the TH9C, and it is a great gun, but I would say that it is a little less easy/comfortable to concealed carry than the G2/G2C/G3C pistols. The higher weight isnt a huge deal for me, but the TH9c is wider and all the controls stick out quite a bit more.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If that's the only compact gun you have, then I understand why you want to hold onto it. Still, as inaccurate as it is, it may not be worth it.
Try to find someone else that shoots the G2C well, and let them try it. It may just be a matter of getting used to the long trigger pull of the gun.

That long trigger pull is due to the G2C's ability to "Second-strike" the same round (some call it "Double-action"). Most semi-auto handguns require you to manually rack a new round if the first doesn't fire. If the G2C doesn't fire a round, you can pull the trigger again and it will pull back the striker and release it on the same round. I think that's a nice feature, but it does cause a longer trigger pull than other handguns. I shoot a lot of reloads at the range, and on the rare occasions that a round does not fire on the first strike, I have found that it will fire on the second strike about 75% of the time.

The G2C is a fine handgun, but some people do not like that long trigger pull.
The TH9C also has the Double-action feature, so it too has a long trigger pull. I like to carry the TH9C with a round in the chamber, decocked, and with the safety on. The first round is going to be a long-firm pull (about 9 lbs), because it has to pull back the hammer, and then release it. After the first round, it cocks the hammer back after each subsequent round, and the pull is about 5 lbs.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Before you dump the gun, take it to a gunsmith and have the barrel checked as well as the slide alignment and guide rod. It looks from the target like random barrel alignment.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am betting your CZ is a bigger gun.. ( I carry a 2075 Rami and have a CZ 75 P07 Duty).. and I had a PT111- are you having to re-grip after each shot? with a proper grip where does your trigger finger rest upon the trigger?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't speak for the Millenium, beyond the well known issues, but there have been zero reliability or accuracy issues with my G2. I seriously want to add a G3c to go along with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agreed. I own both an SD9VE and a G2C and I do not experience the shotgun pattern with either one. Ickthus is correct in his advice. I have over 4500 rounds through my VE (far more than most of my other pistols including my G2C) and I enjoy training with it and its long, heavy trigger pull, which I have gotten pretty good with. I train with that gun often in order to master trigger fundamentals because the VE will humble you if you do not exercise excellent trigger control. In fact, I have shot all of my other guns better (which have lighter, shorter trigger pulls) as a result of my training with my VE. Here's a another tip: besides a VE a shooter can also practice with a DA revolver. They typically have a long, strong trigger pull as well. But here's the trick--if you can master the trigger on a DA revolver you will be able to shoot any other kind of pistol out there well. See photo--5 rds @ 10 yds using SD9VE 2nd string 10 yds 5rds.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trust me, if you ever get into a "firefight", with all the adrenaline that will be pumping through your body, you won't be thinking about "trigger control" or even notice how long or hard the trigger is on your gun. Such things only come into play during target practice or competition shooting when targets AREN'T firing back at you. Further, the rule of thumb for most civilian self-defense shootings are"3"--involves 3 rounds, 3 yards distance and last 3 seconds in duration. So, we aren't talking sniper rifle ranges. My point: when it comes to triggers and self-defense guns I wouldn't overthink it and am quite certain your 40VE is more than adequate given these fact, so long as you consistently train with it (same as you would have to do with any kind of firearm you choose to carry for self-defense). BTW: I own an SD9VE which has the same long, heavy trigger as the 40 version. I shoot it pretty well regardless and would trust it with my life. Because in the end, it's never about the gun but the shooter.

P.S. The average distance for most LEO shootings are also at extremely close range too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
get rid of the laser to start with....... I have a G2 Millenium and both the front and rear sights have white dots on them - centering the dot on the front sight between the dots on the rear sight and you should be placing your rounds right where you're sighting the pistol. If you don't have white dots on the sights, paint one on the front sight and then center it between the posts of the rear sight.

Are you holding the gun with one or two hands? If you've got a good solid grip on it and a good sight picture, you should be putting everything in the black.....

Reactions: mjmackmsp

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
get rid of the laser to start with....... I have a G2 Millenium and both the front and rear sights have white dots on them - centering the dot on the front sight between the dots on the rear sight and you should be placing your rounds right where you're sighting the pistol. If you don't have white dots on the sights, paint one on the front sight and then center it between the posts of the rear sight.

Are you holding the gun with one or two hands? If you've got a good solid grip on it and a good sight picture, you should be putting everything in the black.....
Yes, I have a two handed grip and I was shooting slow fire.

The laser is built in to the light (Olight Baldr Mini), I have it there because the laser will make it easier to get off an accurate shot if I do not have time to get a proper sight picture or am in a position that prevents it, I still plan to use the irons if I can, the laser just supplements them

21 - 34 of 34 Posts