Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snagged the last 13 boxes of Hornady 400 grain XTP ammo off manventureoutpost.com for just over $22.00 for a box of 20 (with the discount code), probably the best prices I've seen for this caliber since I began shopping for it right after I acquired my Raging Bull .480 Ruger. Unfortunately ammo seems to be scarce in a lot of places but I lucked out on this buy.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
That's a lot of moose lead! :cool:

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Do not know if you reload, the 480 is a round that reloading opens up the full potential. The cast and jacketed bullets with the range of velocity reloading offers gives everything from comfortable, accurate plinking loads to bone crushing hunting loads.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I snagged the last 13 boxes of Hornady 400 grain XTP ammo off manventureoutpost.com for just over $22.00 for a box of 20 (with the discount code), probably the best prices I've seen for this caliber since I began shopping for it right after I acquired my Raging Bull .480 Ruger. Unfortunately ammo seems to be scarce in a lot of places but I lucked out on this buy.
Wow that's a big bullet er boolit. Let us know if the cartridge fits in the cylinder.

Coop

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
They are seated deep and should fit any factory chamber. The 400 grain bullets have a healthy recoil when loaded at the upper end the way they load theirs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts