Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woo-Hooo!!! My Model 66 12" Silhouette arrived

NOTE: Instead of starting a new thread, I changed title to reflect I picked up my Taurus 66 on 2/14/13. The first 5 posting reflect when I was waiting for it to arrive.

I feel like a young kid twitching on Christmas Eve, having to wait for Christmas morning gift openings...only to be just informed we aren't opening presents until later in the afternoon when the extended family arrives!!! :eek:

Per UPS it should be at my local FFL by end of day tomorrow.

Its a used Blue Model 66 with that long 12" barrel, comes with a Simmons handgun scope and one huge-azz holster.

Is it a useful, practical purchase? Probably not...actually no way...but I just wanted one bad. I doubt I'd be able to CCW in Illinois anyways, if/when the new law passes...it will go nearly to my knee when holstered. So my friends and I joking refer to it as a "sawed-off" Mare's Leg/Ranch Hand.

Will post pix when I have it in hand. And a range report when I get a chance to use it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
12" barrel on a 66? Can't imagine it! Who needs a 357 leveraction with that? How easy would it be to hold? I imagine one handed would be nigh impossible.

Definitely would wanna see pics.

Oh, BTW, sorry that you live in Chicago. I can easily see why you'd need a long barrel like that to defend yourself there.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I can hardly wait for it to arrive so you can share some photos of that beast :eek: with us.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
That's a lot of barrel it should be a tac driver. You can definitely put a hurt on someone with a revolver whipping.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately I couldn't meet with my local FFL yesterday.

It was one of his kid's birthdays so think he has his priorities straight and I do understand, but...but...I feel like Chubby Checkers dancing with some ants in his pants. For the youngsters on here who don't know who Chubby Checkers was, here's an entertaining video from approx 1960: Chubby Checker - The Twist - YouTube Hope this video entertains all of you folks under I get this heavy iron.

New plans are to pick it up this evening when he gets home from his day job. Sorry for the faults alarm a day+ ago. Just some seriously twitching & squirming going on here in Chicagoland!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Picked this revolver up from my FFL this evening, and then right outside his place my vehicle's battery died...dead as a door nail.

Got that replaced and here's 2 late night pix of my new bigboy-toy! Its condition is like new, barely a wear ring on the cylinder.

And yes dudeman351, its a 7 shot. Seller even found & included the original rear and front sights in case I want to use OEM iron sights.

I definitely need to learn how you folks take such great pix, mine look like they were taken by a kid using a disposable box camera.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
RATS!

For some reason, I can't see your photos.

All I see are two red X's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts