Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 92 FS.

This is my very first semi automatic pistol. All i have ever owned in my life is revolvers. so im totally new to this type of gun.

Now that i have the weapon what are the first steps i should take when i remove it from the box.

Should i clean it? Oil it?

Is there somewhere i can go to get a tear down manual that might go into further detail on oiling and such.

Any information would be appreciated.

CaptCharger

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Blast every square inch of it with gunscrubber or something similar. The grease that it ships with is not regular lube. It is similar to cosmoline and can gum up on you if left as is. As far as tearing it down completely I'm sure you can find something online.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
As others have said break it down as the owners manual says. Remove magazine, flip breakdown lever, remove slide, recoil spring and barrel. Clean everything really good with Hoppes or Breakfree. Then slightly oil everything with gun oil an place a drop on the tabs as indicated in the owners manual. Then you are ready to shoot. The PT92/99s are really fine firearms and will last you for many years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 8)

Ill go get some hopps all i have at the moment is Outers Nitro Solvent Gun Cleaner and Remington's rem Oil and some Remington Bore cleaner.

Right now the big problem is getting Ammo. but i have two boxes and am working on more.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your choice of the Taurus PT92 pistol!

In my opinion, there's not a better built or more accurate 9mm handgun around for the money spent; and the lifetime warranty on the gun makes it a really great buy.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on buying one of the best 9 mm on the market. I call mine Special Favorite. Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts