1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 26, 2012

Remington Threatens Shut Down
of NY Plant over Microstamping

(GunAuction.com) -- Remington is threatening to pull its plant out of Ilion, New York, over a gun bill pushed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Remington Arms Company, in a recent letter to New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, said it may leave the Empire State if a law requiring bullet casings to carry unique markings is enacted.

Remington has a manufacturing plant that employs more than 1,000 workers in the village of Ilion, about 90 miles west of Albany.

“Mandating firearms micro-stamping will restrict the ability of Remington to expand business in the Empire State,” company chief strategy officer Stephen Jackson Jr. wrote to Cuomo.

“Worse yet, Remington could be forced to reconsider its commitment to the New York market altogether rather than spend the astronomical sums of money needed to completely reconfigure our manufacturing and assembly processes,” Jackson wrote.

Cuomo during his 2010 campaign called microstamping a “common-sense” and “pro-law enforcement” gun safety law. The governor’s position has not changed, Cuomo spokesman Josh Vlasto said.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good for Remington. Now, for everybody else to follow suit.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I don't know why it makes any sense to stay in any of the heavy tax burden and gun unfriendly states. I still remember reading how G&A was moving some Cali based offices to Illinois and all I could think was, "Huh???" :/

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Glad to see them not let themselves get pushed around and fighting back.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
March 26, 2012

Remington Threatens Shut Down
of NY Plant over Microstamping

(GunAuction.com) -- Remington is threatening to pull its plant out of Ilion, New York, over a gun bill pushed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Remington Arms Company, in a recent letter to New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, said it may leave the Empire State if a law requiring bullet casings to carry unique markings is enacted.

Remington has a manufacturing plant that employs more than 1,000 workers in the village of Ilion, about 90 miles west of Albany.

“Mandating firearms micro-stamping will restrict the ability of Remington to expand business in the Empire State,” company chief strategy officer Stephen Jackson Jr. wrote to Cuomo.

“Worse yet, Remington could be forced to reconsider its commitment to the New York market altogether rather than spend the astronomical sums of money needed to completely reconfigure our manufacturing and assembly processes,” Jackson wrote.

Cuomo during his 2010 campaign called microstamping a “common-sense” and “pro-law enforcement” gun safety law. The governor’s position has not changed, Cuomo spokesman Josh Vlasto said.
​Would you please post the link where you found this information?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
...forgot, good for Remington. Why you would want to stay in a anti-gun state to manufacture guns is beyond me.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
​Thanks for the link(s).

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I hope they move to Texas.
Or Michigan, we have so many empty factory's left over from the automobile industry that I'm sure they could find something suitable and we have the skilled workers anxious to go back to work.

Liberals love their foreign cars.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Or Michigan, we have so many empty factory's left over from the automobile industry that I'm sure they could find something suitable and we have the skilled workers anxious to go back to work.

Liberals love their foreign cars.....

View attachment 24835
Yeah you guys could probably need them more than we do.

·
Super Moderator
19,886 Posts
Yeah you guys could probably need them more than we do.
I was about to welcome them with open arms to Georgia - they could set up across the street from Glock - but you're right, glenwolde, I was in Detroit about a month ago and they could use a successful mfg industry there.

Oh, and I don't see why anyone would choose to live in California. Have been reading the labels on more foods as I shop around and it seems that well over 50% of the food on the market contain some ingredient which ". . . .has been found to cause cancer in the state of California". No other states are listed. California is more dangerous than we thought.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
They will be most welcomed in Florida

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Good for Remington! :thumb:

Best way to get the attention of these liberal (commie pricks) politicians is to hit them in the pocketbook. Maybe, just maybe, the voters will see the light and vote the anti freedom scum out of office.

BTW, Alabama will welcome them.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I am glad that they are standing their ground on this one. I do not see much use for microstamping bullet casings..

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I don't think they will have a problem finding a more friendly environment... If I lived in California, Illinois, DC or someplace like that I wouldn't hold my breath though!

·
Super Moderator
40,583 Posts
Micro stamping bullet casing would be a criminals dream.
Let’s see, buy a revolver that shoots 9mm, go to local range and pick up some other shooters casings with his micro stamp on it. Commit your crime and pop off a round or two; leave the other casings as evidence. While other forensics may or may not get them off, at least they focused on someone else other then the criminal that committed the crime.
This micro stamping idea just sounds like an idea to drive gun sales out of New York. You think it will stop the criminals from owning guns, it hasn’t anywhere else.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
They're more than welcome here in Pennsylvania, toss the whole plant on some flatbeds and just truck it right down across the border.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I was about to welcome them with open arms to Georgia - they could set up across the street from Glock - but you're right, glenwolde, I was in Detroit about a month ago and they could use a successful mfg industry there.

Oh, and I don't see why anyone would choose to live in California. Have been reading the labels on more foods as I shop around and it seems that well over 50% of the food on the market contain some ingredient which ". . . .has been found to cause cancer in the state of California". No other states are listed. California is more dangerous than we thought.
I always wondered what was up with that "Registered with the Penn. Dept. Agr."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts