Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this idea over a Defensivecarry.com. User Donnie D posted this concept along with a YouTube video:

I decided to give it a try and must say that you could make many targets for very little money.

I found my supplies at Lowes for less than $20

Garden Kneeling Board - $9.48
Yellow Duct Tape - $3.30
Orange Duct Tape - $3.30 (for bulls eye)
Flat Black Paint - $0.99

The Walmart foam board is a less money, but a bit smaller.

Product Material property Paint Duct tape Label

Put the yellow tape over the board, then paint with a flat black paint. Let it dry, cut a small piece of orange tape for the bullseye, and start shooting!

I think that the foam target will last many, many rounds using .22 LR and 9mm FMJ.
I probably would not use HP on a regular basis. But the holes from a .22 LR HP were not much worse than a RN. And the 9mm FMJ holes were not too bad.

Wood Games Recreation Wood stain Circle Wood Wood stain Pattern Floor Line Wood Siding Triangle Pattern Line Wood Roof Triangle Siding

I also made a target using the round cardboard from a frozen pizza. Using cardboard, you could make a lot of targets using $10 worth of tape and paint.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good idea

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That is a great idea.. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
For up close and personal concealed carry practice, I find a stack of cheap "Dollar Tree" paper plates work well as targets too.

For us lazy folks, just staple or tape one up at 3-10 yards & blast away :icon_ lala:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Wish I would have picked up the three pack of kneeling pads at Tractor Supply for $5 the other week. Maybe they still have them.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
This would be perfect for my backyard air rifle range...... Should've checked the forums before I went out today

CF

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Tractor supply still had the 3 packs for $5 of the knee pads. May have to do multiple layers of overlapping tape. My first effort is trying to come off, but the shoot-n-see aspect works well.

Purple Violet Sky

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
That was a good post; thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts