Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One day while shooting with my buddy and his are style 7mm 08 rifle, he pulled out this basic catcher and slapped it on. Well it would cause a failure to extract every couple shots as the empty cases would get hung up going in the bag.so I started researching brass catchers and came across a pretty sweet design being sold. The problem for me was the starting price.of.about $80 and up to around $120 and up. It was made with kydex and a bag looked fairly simple since I have played with molding kydex in thce past. So I got to work.

I am a perfectionist, so it took a few tries and more hours than I thought. The hardest part for me at the beginning was getting the bag right and getting a pattern I could duplicate. I had picked up a sewing machine and started learning how to work it. Running a good stitch consistently is still a bit of a challenge for me, but I sewed a couple of these bags together good enough that they won't come apart, so I am happy.

Here's the basic look.

I used a quick detach scope ring to make a side rail mou

I made a zombie version with a top mount for an add on rail to a standard handguard for my buddy. For the top mount, I used a quick detach bipod mount.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice, glad it works.

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
Fantastic job on the catchers. They look better than some of the industry produced ones I've seen.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
I wonder if one could be made for a 24/7

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I wonder if one could be made for a 24/7
I am sure one COULD be made for the 24/7, but that doesnt mean it SHOULD. A brass catcher on a pistol would really start to impact accuracy. The added weight of the catcher and the brass would give the gun a tendancy to twist. But thats just my $0.02.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Looks like a great idea.. Patent it....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts