Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 3 months we've lived here we've been 3 places.
First; our son's home to see the grandkids and his wife. Lovely home, lovely kids, lovely wife.
Second; HyVee because we need food and they don't require masks.
And yesterday morning we dared go to Home Depot as I needed a 12 gauge extension cord.
The trepidation was palpable.
We arrived at 6:30 AM because there are almost no people in the store and
I am up to my eyeballs with cranky whiny people.
As soon as we entered the store we saw two pallets full of boxes stacked 5 feet high.
The boxes contained 50 masks each. Each box was $29.95.
On the ends of each box in nice bold letters near the bottom was printed: "Made In China". Yes, it was in blue.
I'm not sure but that may win the "Irony of the Year" award.
I laughed,my wife laughed The guy putting out the stock looked confused. We laughed again. It was a good day..
By the way, I love my shiny new 50ft. 12 gauge power cord. It's blue also.
I have the power!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
35,541 Posts
I try and keep my expectations low, and am usually satisfied.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
In the 3 months we've lived here we've been 3 places.
First; our son's home to see the grandkids and his wife. Lovely home, lovely kids, lovely wife.
Second; HyVee because we need food and they don't require masks.
And yesterday morning we dared go to Home Depot as I needed a 12 gauge extension cord.
The trepidation was palpable.
We arrived at 6:30 AM because there are almost no people in the store and
I am up to my eyeballs with cranky whiny people.
As soon as we entered the store we saw two pallets full of boxes stacked 5 feet high.
The boxes contained 50 masks each. Each box was $29.95.
On the ends of each box in nice bold letters near the bottom was printed: "Made In China". Yes, it was in blue.
I'm not sure but that may win the "Irony of the Year" award.
I laughed,my wife laughed The guy putting out the stock looked confused. We laughed again. It was a good day..
By the way, I love my shiny new 50ft. 12 gauge power cord. It's blue also.
I have the power!!!!!!!!!
Are the conductors copper or aluminum? If you need a 12 guage copper extension cord, then you'll have to use the thicker 10 gauge aluminum to get the same results. The rule of thumb is to use one gauge thicker wire in aluminum than is needed in copper. Many companies are substituting aluminum conductors for copper conductors in their extension cords because it's cheaper to make but it's not the same performance as copper.

·
Registered
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whenever I want to have a miserable shopping experience, I go to Home Depot. I do my best to trade with Harbor Freight or even Ace Hardware.
I got a couple of really nice 50ft. 14 gauge cords at HF.

What the heck are you powering with a 12 gauge? (I know ... "whatever you want to" :D)
I found a half price deal on an electric snowblower for the coming winter.
I know, not very manly but I hate coming inside the house smelling like exhaust fumes and I don't
have to mess with gas and oil. Again..........not very manly.

·
Super Moderator
35,541 Posts
I know, not very manly but I hate coming inside the house smelling like exhaust fumes and I don't

I didn't think that those were allowed in the Arctic. :)

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Snow? I keep hearing about this mysterious "snow" and the need for removal ... :D
I figure that God made the snow, he put it where he wants it and therefore...:unsure:...I prob'ly just shouldn't be messin' with it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I used to work at a home despot, look at labels, they do not sell a whole lot of stuff made here in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Is the auger / blade a minimum of 4' tall? It has to be taller than your tallest kid or you'll never find him/her.

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
12 gauge cord, huh? Whatsmatta, 10 gauge got too much recoil?
Oh, wait - I've had to coil electric cords in cold weather. It isn't the re-coil so much as the plain ol' coil, is it? Okay, got it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I gave up on snow back in '15. 50+ years of it is enough. Back then where I lived an electric snow blower would have been a joke. I was mighty pleased with my snow blower of 24" height, made in Canada, and gas powered. Nothing says fun like spending 3 hours below freezing going over a 100' driveway, then manually shoveling decks and steps. Served well for 10 years with basic maintenance, left it for the new owners when sold the house. One of many reasons I left the state of NJ.

I suppose these days given the improved batteries and electric motor power levels, maybe electric would work even there. I'm glad no longer have the opportunity to test this.

Required snow removal is a tax, time and money spent removing it from public sidewalks should be deductible. Glad I no longer live where snow and sidewalks grow.

Besides the food, I miss Meltzer's sporting goods, bought my first gun there. Alas, they closed up shop after 70 years.

·
Registered
16,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:icon_ rofl: You are new to Minnesota aren't you!
Been here 3 months. This will be our 1st winter coming up. I am going to die.
The HOA plows the streets, the sidewalks and the entry walk to the front door.
All I am responsible for is the concrete apron connecting the driveway to the garage
so if the garage doors get banged up it will be my fault. The apron is about 40' X 8'.
Homey does not do shoveling. At my age using a spoon is a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
35,541 Posts
Been here 3 months. This will be our 1st winter coming up. I am going to die.
The HOA plows the streets, the sidewalks and the entry walk to the front door.
All I am responsible for is the concrete apron connecting the driveway to the garage
so if the garage doors get banged up it will be my fault. The apron is about 40' X 8'.
Homey does not do shoveling. At my age using a spoon is a challenge.
I probably would have slipped the snow removal guys a 20 every snow to do it all. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts