Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into the LGS on one of my occasional "see if they have any" excursions and they had about 40 1# cans of W231. Two can limit. $23.00 /lb. Bought my two. First W231 I've seen on a shelf in a couple of years.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Going back tomorrow? Sending wife in later today? I'm not a hoarder.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Now go load some 45.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
cat congrats.jpg

I wish I could find it that cheap down here! It goes from $28.99 to $32.99 per 1 pound bottle!

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going back tomorrow? Sending wife in later today? I'm not a hoarder.
No, I had a pound and a half already. Three and a half pounds will load a lot of .38's and .380's. Now if I could just find some Universal.....

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Walked into the LGS on one of my occasional "see if they have any" excursions and they had about 40 1# cans of W231. Two can limit. $23.00 /lb. Bought my two. First W231 I've seen on a shelf in a couple of years.

Good buy....

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
We were on our way back from a Houston trip and stopped at Able Ammo up in Huntsville. I thought I died and went to reloading heaven. Only things they were missing were... the powders everyone else wants. They did have some HP-38 but I'm still doing on with that. I wanted a universal rifle powder that would work in .223 and in 7.62x 54r. The kid at the counter scoured the lyman reloading book and found that Alliant 15 would work. Score 1 lb of rx15 and picked up a box of Fiocchi 62 gr M193's for 21 bucks. It was a 50 round box.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We were on our way back from a Houston trip and stopped at Able Ammo up in Huntsville. I thought I died and went to reloading heaven. Only things they were missing were... the powders everyone else wants. They did have some HP-38 but I'm still doing on with that. I wanted a universal rifle powder that would work in .223 and in 7.62x 54r. The kid at the counter scoured the lyman reloading book and found that Alliant 15 would work. Score 1 lb of rx15 and picked up a box of Fiocchi 62 gr M193's for 21 bucks. It was a 50 round box.
My only problem with Able Ammo is they were gouging the hell out of people on .22 ammo. They put it up on their website at the brick price for a single box. That was even beyond gouging prices and into downright intentionally trying to sucker people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts