Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yup, some sites have a base shipping.. like cheaper than dirt which is like 10 bucks reguardless if you buy a feather..

thats why i would rather not make a order for the holster then turn around and order mags.. if i was gonna get them at the same place , it might be a lot more then 3 bucks.. it could be costing me 7-10

the cheapest place i found it was opticsplanet

but it's 6 bucks shipping.. or if i buy 30bucks or more it's free.. so it might be better deal in the end to get something else from there.. like you said.. mag holder maybe.

but if i can pay a few bucks more where i get the mags i might end up saving in the end.

im still waiting to hear back from one place.. if i dont by money day i'll call them, it's funny how so many companies on the internet completely ignore emails.

i found mec-gar mags for 19 bucks.. but S&H is 15 on 8 of them.. and 1-3month wait WTF!
so im still weighting my options.

im not dying for holsters or mags so i figure it's prudent to wait till i order both.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Tell me about all that! I paid only $6.50 for a shipment of 45 LC cartridges, weight probably about 30 lbs.

But the 3 oz, holster or mag holder would have cost me $7.50, plus $3.00 because the total was under the minimum shipping price of either $25, or $35. That 10.50 added to my initial cost of $19.95 would make them cost $30.45, and buying direct at full retail price from the maker was like $25.99 with 0 shipping.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i bit the bullet and bought the fobus E2.

was gonna wait till i ordered mags and save on shipping but the places im looking to order mags from either dont have it or want 4-5 bucks more for it..

i ended up buying from opticalsplanet.com

they had the cheapest price i could find and also all ordres over 30 bucks get free shipping..

holster was 21.99, shipping would have been 6 bucks so i got a double mag holder for little less then 16 so i coudl get the free shipping, got both shipped for little less then 38bucks.. which dont seem to bad to me.

i got belt loop version of both, but they also had paddle and roto versions.
i'll report back once i actually get it, hopefully sometime this week.

EDIT: i just got a email saying it's on back order.. apparently they're out of BOTH items.. wtf.
they say 7-10 days before they get more.. it's BS, they should have said something before i placed my order. :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
well i bit the bullet and bought the fobus E2.
i ended up buying from opticalsplanet.com they had the cheapest price i could find and also all ordres over 30 bucks get free shipping..

EDIT: i just got a email saying it's on back order.. apparently they're out of BOTH items.. wtf.
they say 7-10 days before they get more.. it's BS, they should have said something before i placed my order. :mad:
Well that was another reason, I went direct instead of MidwayUSA, they were backordering most Fobus stuff, Again, though I paid no shipping from Fobus, and got the things in less than 5 days by US mail.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've been ordering my fobus stuff factory direct as well. No charge for shipping, and in case there is a warranty issue, they will handle it.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya i suppose thats the quickest way.. im not worried about warranty they should honor it just the same.

the mag holder is 23.99 and holster 27.99

so i saved about 14 bucks.. i can wait an extra week for the savings.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
ya i suppose thats the quickest way.. im not worried about warranty they should honor it just the same.

the mag holder is 23.99 and holster 27.99

so i saved about 14 bucks.. i can wait an extra week for the savings.
Good luck on that week! Midways backorder sign has been on the web site since September. I am not there everyday, but the Fobus and other stuff I was looking at are always out of stock.

I hope for your sake that Planet is better than that.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
if they have'nt shipped it in 10 days i'll cancel the order.

midway seems higher on just about everything i've looked at, and like you said they seem to be low on stock on just about everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got both of my Fobus Paddles on Ebay. One from a stateside vendor and one directly from a guy in Israel

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have a Fobus roto paddle ordered for my Rossi 461, 357. I ordered it 6 days ago,from Fobus. if they are as good as they were the last time, I should have it by tomorrow or Sat.

I like the fact that I pay no fee's or shipping ordering directly from them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am new to conceal carry. Today is my second day carrying. Yesterday, I carried in waist band. Today, I am carrying with my shoulder hoslster, covered by a leather jacket. I can tell you, the shoulder holster is much more comfortable to me. Also, I can reach in my jacket and present my handgun (horizontal position) more quickly than lifting my shirt and presenting it from IWB. Weather permitting (jacket weather), I believe I will carry with the shoulder holster. When it heats up, I don't think I have a choice but to carry IWB, covered by an un-tucked shirt.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i finally got my holster for my 92, brvbh the belt loop version.

robby was right optics planet never had them in stock i canceled and bought from buds (im not real happy with buds right now but thats a different story)

anyway i put it on, nothign special just a regular belt i wear.. there is a little bit of movement so a larger belt will probably be recommended mine is a thick braided leather belt. but it's not real wide.

anyway it has a few sharp spots i intend to smooth out with some 500 and 1200 grit sand paper.
im gonna try the armor all trick soon as i get a chance.

the holster is compact and has a nice design to it.. a slight cant forward which is nice.
construction seems to be pretty good.. it will bend a little but is pretty riggid and for the price a pretty nice holster imo.

im having some trouble with the tension screw. the gun wants to stick.. like i said hopefully some armor all will fix that.

im a very large guy both up and out. i dont even notice the weight of the 92 if i keep my belt snug, after a long day if i loosened it i can see problems arising.

the holster stick out a bit more then i had hopped the pants im wearing has a belt loop in the 4 o'clock position meaning it's gonna be trouble some to put it there.. so i stuck it in 3 o'clock..

i wear baggy shirts and it does print although friends and family have not noticed it till i told them about it, the avg person probably wont notice... definately need a longer shirt though because raising my arms reveals some of it.

a coat would probably solve most concerns.

it's definitely comfortable to wear both standing and sitting position.

overall for 18 bucks i love this holster already, i do wish it was a security 2 or 3 but you can't really complain for the price.

one thing to note on me at least having the 92 in cocked'n'locked the hammer does scratch my side a little bit, but it's not to severe.

i also bought their double mag pouch for 9mm mags.. it says it fits beretta/tarus double stacks..

well does and it does'nt.. it just uses simple tention to hold it in.. and is made to fit a number of magazines.

it's not to big.. i've not tried it on the belt yet.. but im not happy with it's tension.. if i had to run i could see them flopping out, and that will only get worse with age and use.

luckly the 92 carries 17+1 (although i can never get 17 in the mag) capacity is'nt a big concern but it's nice ot have at least one reload.

i'll report back again once i've had time to tweak it a bit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
firemax said:
I am new to conceal carry. Today is my second day carrying. Yesterday, I carried in waist band. Today, I am carrying with my shoulder hoslster, covered by a leather jacket. I can tell you, the shoulder holster is much more comfortable to me. Also, I can reach in my jacket and present my handgun (horizontal position) more quickly than lifting my shirt and presenting it from IWB. Weather permitting (jacket weather), I believe I will carry with the shoulder holster. When it heats up, I don't think I have a choice but to carry IWB, covered by an un-tucked shirt.
I don't know that I will ever be able to comfortably carry IWB. I may just have to carry with my Fobus tactical holsters and cover with a shirt best I can. We can carry open or concealed here. When I am wearing cargo pants or shorts I can carry in a pocket also. I also got a great idea from the KTOG forum. I am in the process of turning an old organizer/ day planner into a concealed carry option.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I finally gave up and bought custom holsters for my PT140 and 24/7 on holster fits both, I bought one from same guy at gun show on 2-9 for the M605 both are great.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have had a difficult time locating a good leather holster for my PT+1911 AR thatwould be reasonably priced. After searching the net for the past few evenings, I came accross Ray Holsters in FL. I ordered a Sable holster in black. They will custom fit it for me for $35.00.
Now that sounds like a great deal. It is a belt holster that has the right cant for me. Most of all, it will fit this gun. It will be in my hands in about a week. I will report back after that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Those wanting a very high quality holster should check out El Paso Saddlery www.epsaddlery.com they make a very nice selection of holsters that are very high quality. I've used them for years. Frank

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Robin48 said:
I also got a great idea from the KTOG forum. I am in the process of turning an old organizer/ day planner into a concealed carry option.
Now that is an idea! I have several, some that are from years past, and zip up. Hmmmm! Would be ideal from some things I am doing now. I have to carry a big aluminum case with clipboard on it, so the planner could be a plus that no one would notice or care about.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Try this site if your in Texas www.DMBullardLeather.com. He is in Azle, Texas.
He has home made ones to fit Taurus guns. The prices he sells at the gun shows are cheaper than the ones on his site. He gives life time warranty. I don't know how far he travels.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ok a follow up on the fobus taurus/beretta 92 holster..

i tried some armor all, it works, the catch is you have to reapply it about every 3 days.
I've been using a very light coating of hoppes oil.. i take a drop on my finger and then prime the holster.. specificly where the trigger guard goes.. thats the greatest rubbing and where the tention is.

i started noticing wear marks soon after i have the stainless and it shows scratchs very easily.

what i did is take some L'oreal clear finger nail strengther.. and put a coat of it on the trigger guard both sides and below, as well as there are some marks on the bottom of the rail.. let it dry for several hours and it creates a pretty nice protective layer on the gun, if you put enough of it it will dry smooth and is hardly noticeable.

so far it seems to have helped.. today i i was able to take it off with some hoppes solvent and a q-tip i was afraid it might damage the guns anodizing but it cleaned off fairly easy and seems to be fine.. so i reapplied..

i took some 500 and 1200 grit wet/dry sand paper.. put a little hoppes oil on them and then sanded the entire intereior of the holster.. also smoothing out the edges..

on top of the nail strengthener i dont think i'll have any more wear marks.. the sanded interior also notice it almost gave the plastic a soft rubberish feel.. weird but it feels pretty good.

im really happy with the holster the design is very nice i only wish it had a option for better retention but for 20-30 bucks.. (paid 18 at buds) its' a really nice holster for the money.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts