Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good holsters out there for a PT-92 with the accessory rail? I'm having trouble finding one. Oh and add that I'm left handed to the mix. I found a tactical, but looking for a concealed holster. I'm almost thinking about a different handgun but, I like my taurus.

edit: spelled tactical wrong, fixed it though :p

·
Registered
229 Posts
Robby..Ive tried that 3 times...and all I get is every sentence and thread with the word holster in it....No help what so ever

·
Registered
959 Posts
You didn't give much info on what your needs are...???

Paddles are nice because there "easy on and off" (that's a BIG +1)
Paddle Holster, Taurus PT-92/99, STX Tactical Black Finish
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/13885-52431-2791.html
Safariland Concealment Belt Slide Holster, Taurus PT-92
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/49945-64232-2234.html
Nice Belt Canted Holster
Bianchi 5 Holster Right Hand Black Taurus PT-92
http://www.fundeals4u.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RSBI15716&Click=532
TAURUS PT 92 NYLON AUTO LASER COVER HOLSTER
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87606725

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I've got my eye on this Bianchi model 3S. It's available in right or left handed. I like the swivel feature and that it has loops, not a clip. Click here: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=3S If you order one, ensure that it is for the "railed" PT 92.
Also, if you want a model for when you mount a light or laser, check this one from Protech. It's nylon and is an ambi model. Under $30,too. This site is one of their distributers. Click: http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/th...ters,side-holsters,tactical,laser,rail/Detail

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the help, all has been great so far. I'm looking to get a new holster as soon as I get back to the states. Due to my location and job the tactical worked well, I want a concealed though.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
there seems to be pitifully little out there for beretta vertec's and even less for taurus 92/99's with a rail..

i tend to believe that a vertec holster will fit the taurus with rail but even so the options are still pretty limited unless you want to go with a universal.

money wise this looks like a good holster: http://www.opticsplanet.net/fobus-e...s-beretta-vertec-taurus-92-99-w-rail-brv.html

but it has no security to it..

heres one that fits beretta vertec, no mention of taurus: http://www.opticsplanet.net/bianchi-7140-accumold-dutylok-duty-holster-black-right-hand-23046.html

has a middle finger release lever but is 3x more expensive and not specifically for a taurus.

both of these are owb though

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
let me know how it goes im seriously thinking of buying one.. either from opticsplanet or cheaperthandirt cause i'll probably be buying mags from them soon anyway and their min shipping charge is like 10 bucks even on a feather.

·
Registered
959 Posts
This Is Good Stuff~Your Gun is Listed~If you want Leather for that PT92... just click on the Link, and click on a Holster, and Click on Order Now to get to your Gun Listing Page... They will make it just the way you want it... Just contact them to Clear up any Questions you have...

Kirkpatrick Leather Company
http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/m_concealment.htm

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya they got some nice leather holsters their small of the back actually looks nice, heard those are really uncomfortable though..

was really looking for a level 2 holster though.. those are all level 1 (no safety/releases)
i really like the look of the fobus e2 holster but it is also level1, with no plans currently to make a level-2 for the 92/99 with rail.

thats why im interested in how it works for thefish.
it has a tension adjustment screw.. but thats not really a safety.

i'd go and get one for 80-100 bucks but i've got one eye on the px4-sc coming out.. was really looking for a decent cheap holster to try out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My experience with the Fobus E2 so far has been a little mixed. Bear in mind, I've only had it for two days now, and haven't had a chance to REALLY put it to the test, also this the first paddle holster I've owned, and I'm relatively new to semi-autos. So, with all that in mind, your mileage may vary. I plan on doing far more tinkering, adjusting, and just trying to hold my mouth right before I can give you any more than a "First impression" kind of response.

I got the Roto model and have been experimenting with different angles and with cross-draw, etc. It's very comfortable, both as a cross and strong-side draw holster. I've worn it around the house with the firearm in it, just to get used to the weight and feel. I honestly stopped noticing it was even there after about 20 minutes, (and I'm rather slim, and there's not a lot of "natural padding" over my hip bone.)

The tension screw for me has been the biggest issue thus far. So far, the idea of adjustable tension for me has really been more of a situation of "On or Off"

The gun is either very easy to draw, but a little loose in the holster, (not really scared of dropping the gun. It's tight enough to stay put if I was running or jumping, but a good hard blow to my torso, and It would probably send my firearm flying.)

BUT if I tighten just a little bit, (and I mean, finger tightening. Not using a screwdriver) the gun refuses to draw smoothly, if at all.

The way the holster is designed, if you do a quick snap STRAIGHT back, the gun will come out, but any slight deviation from straight out, and you just stand there tugging on the grip. Once I actually went to draw and pulled the gun, holster and all, out of my waistband, (which I don't think would be handy in a self-defense situation, as I do not with to perform field testing on the efficacy of neutralizing assailants with uncontrollable laughter.)

So far, the best combination I have found for myself so far is a straight vertical kant , strong side, with slight tension on the firearm. That seems to work well, but really makes the extra few bucks I sprung for the Roto model to be wasted cash.

At this point, I think that it's a good holster. It's very versatile, and it fits the gun fantastically well. I just think I haven't yet found the right angle, tension and draw technique combination to really take the best advantage of it. I'll post more as I experiment.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ah ya i was looking at both paddle and belt, i like the paddle because it would be easier to wear, but i've heard they sometimes dont grip well and the pad can cause you to sweet more.. which i already do enough when im moving or it's hot outside.

so i was leaning towards the belt, i had seen the roto version but wondered if it would have trouble locking into angles.. also does it come with everything you need to wear it? i also seen mounting for the roto.. not sure if this was spare or if you had to buy the clip to hold the holser on seperately.

btw how big is the holster? it looks pretty low profile and thats what draws me to it.. and the price.
the 92/99 is a big gun already and i hate bulky holsters for already fullsize guns.

the fixed angle holsters look like they have a fbi chant which is fine by me.

shame to hear about the tension screw i was afraid to hear that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It locks to angles easily enough. I've not had any problems with it losing the angle I've set it at. Nice and solid. And it does come with everything. I took it out of the plastic, slipped it into my waistband, made some adjustments to make it comfortable, and holstered my gun. Simple as that.

The holster unit itself is actually quite small, but the roto adjustment with the paddle and such cause it to stick out a bit more than anticipated. I think the belt version would have a much lower profile, and the non-roto version even more so. I also tried out the non-roto version, and it did have a decent forward kant to it. I just wanted a few more options.

I've about got the tension adjusted out to something that provides both retention and ease of draw pretty well. I'm getting more and more comfortable with it, and feel like it's well worth the money. For what it sounds like you're wanting, I'd follow your gut, and go with the non-roto belt version.

Hope this is helpful! Best of luck and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quick update on the Fobus E2's retention system. I had previously posted that I'd had some problems with making adjustments, (saying it's either ON or OFF.)

Over on Ohio's Concealed Carry forums, (http://www.ohioccw.org/ Good place for info and news if you're in the Buckeye State!) someone posted that they were having the same problems I was with the E2, and someone suggested using just a little bit of Armor All on the inside of the holster, (just a little bit on a cloth, apply to the inside of the holster, let dry, and then insert the firearm.)

Well, I just gave it a shot, and it's AMAZING the difference it's made. I'm now getting good results with tension adjustment, and have found just the right sweet spot between keeping the gun secure, and yet allowing for quick, easy, clean drawing.

Just thought I'd post a quick follow up.

All the best,

-Dan

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
cool, keep reporting back as time goes by.. im planing on getting one but i have'nt ordered yet because im goings to be buying mags also.. and so it might be more cost effective to go buy with the mags.. still waiting ot hear back on shipping charges and such..

if theres one thing i hate is buying something then turning around buying somethign else and getting rapped on s&h.. and now days it's almost a artform on screwing customers with it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, on ordering mags and fobus holsters, you must be planning to use MidwayUSA, or some other site. If you get over their base order price combining you save about $3, but still pay shipping.

When I ordered Holster, and mag holder from Fobus direct, I paid no shipping, even though I paid their retail price, the total was less than I would have paid MidwayUSA with shipping. Go Figure!
And Fobus shipping was just as fast as MidwayUSA, but some Fobus products from Midway were on back order so I would have paid multiple shipping charges.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts