Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of another brand of holster besides crossbreed that makes a hoarse hide holster? Love there holsters for my FNX. 40 the kydex doesn't hurt the finish. Unfortunately it would kill my pt 1911 homeland defender over time. I just really love the hoarse hide you don't have to worry about sweating through and it is really comfortable.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Theis holsters (links on this site) makes horse hide holsters...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Does anyone know of another brand of holster besides crossbreed that makes a hoarse hide holster? Love there holsters for my FNX. 40 the kydex doesn't hurt the finish. Unfortunately it would kill my pt 1911 homeland defender over time. I just really love the hoarse hide you don't have to worry about sweating through and it is really comfortable.
I don't know of anyone who uses horsehide in all leather holsters. Most use the horsehide as the backing for kydex shells like the old faithful.

What kind of finish is on the 1911 that you are concerned with?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stoner makes a very comfortable holster,since buying the first one I have bought one for every cc gun I have.They are also very affordable and made to order very quickly.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Just about every custom holster maker will make one for you in horse hide, if you request it, and many already have it on their product list.

if you like the Crossbreed or hybrid style holster but want something a little less wearing on your pistol, try Tucker holsters. Their hybrid holsters, the Answer, have a leather lining option. They are also a bit quieter too.

"The Answer" IWB Holster | Hybrid Holster | Tucker Gun Leather

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Good advice all around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts