Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prior to buying a Ruger SR22, I compared it to a Taurus 709 Slim, side-by-side. They are almost identical in size and width, to within fractions of an inch, give or take. (And yes, I almost bought the Slim; I went with the SR22 for the cheaper ammo, so I can practice my handgun shooting more often.) Also, in the options folder for the SR22 on the Ruger website, the same holster is recommended for the SR22 as the Ruger LC9. When it came time to buy a holster for my SR22 I ordered a DeSantis Sof-Tuck designed for the 709 Slim and the Ruger LC9 (P/N 106NAV5Z0). It arrived today, and the SR22 fits it perfectly.

So...a heads up if you're looking for a holster for a Ruger SR22: Any holster designed for the Taurus 709 Slim/Ruger LC9/Kahr P45 or PM45, will probably work for a Ruger SR22. (Your mileage may vary.)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Prior to buying a Ruger SR22, I compared it to a Taurus 709 Slim, side-by-side. They are almost identical in size and width, to within fractions of an inch, give or take. (And yes, I almost bought the Slim; I went with the SR22 for the cheaper ammo, so I can practice my handgun shooting more often.) Also, in the options folder for the SR22 on the Ruger website, the same holster is recommended for the SR22 as the Ruger LC9. When it came time to buy a holster for my SR22 I ordered a DeSantis Sof-Tuck designed for the 709 Slim and the Ruger LC9 (P/N 106NAV5Z0). It arrived today, and the SR22 fits it perfectly.

So...a heads up if you're looking for a holster for a Ruger SR22: Any holster designed for the Taurus 709 Slim/Ruger LC9/Kahr P45 or PM45, will work for a Ruger SR22.
Good to know, Thanks! Before MPG gets here ... :D

:nopics:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
While I am sure leather or cloth holsters would probably work between models, plastic holsters such as the Blackhawk and Fobus line will usually not fit anything other than the pistol the were intended for.

IMO saying "Any holster designed for the Taurus 709 Slim/Ruger LC9/Kahr P45 or PM45, will work for a Ruger SR22." is dangerous unless you have tried every holster made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts