Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a 24/7 Pro .45 cal. I think a crossdraw holster would be comfortable and concealable. Especially if the holster is inside the waist. I have looked through brand name catalogs on line and haven't found one inside the waist. Is my request odd? Currently I carry inside the waist on the strongside. I find it difficult to carry getting in and out of cars and driving. I find myself taking it out of holster and placing it in the glove box. I think it would be safer to leave it in the holster and stop playing with it all the time.

·
22,058 Posts
I am in search of a holster for my longslide. None out there as far as I can tell. I need a competition holster and right now I have taken a Kydex and modified it so I can draw fast. I like the Blade tech DOH holsters because you can get your hand around the butt of the gun easily. I sent an e-mail to them about getting one for my 24/7 and did get a response. They said they did not make one for the longslide but let me know if they if that changed. Bummer because the DOH is the holster I use on my other autos. :(

·
Registered
579 Posts
++1 Sgt,

I have one for my 9mm and love it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw...
Roto Holsters~TAURUS 24/7 ROTO-HOLSTER~ TAURUS 24/7 ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE : $30.90

https://secure.fobusholster.com/cat...d=343&osCsid=cb504110c72b38fefc726398f8d861a0

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=cb504110c72b38fefc726398f8d861a0

Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries. Our patented locking adjustment allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant, with our Proven Retention System.
The Roto holster is lightweight, with a flexible two-piece design for maximum strength and all-day comfort. Your choice of an easily interchangable paddle or belt loop attachment is included, and extra attachments are sold separately.

·
Registered
80 Posts
SgtKnuckles said:
Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw...
Roto Holsters~TAURUS 24/7 ROTO-HOLSTER~ TAURUS 24/7 ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE : $30.90

https://secure.fobusholster.com/cat...d=343&osCsid=cb504110c72b38fefc726398f8d861a0

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=cb504110c72b38fefc726398f8d861a0

Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries. Our patented locking adjustment allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant, with our Proven Retention System.
The Roto holster is lightweight, with a flexible two-piece design for maximum strength and all-day comfort. Your choice of an easily interchangable paddle or belt loop attachment is included, and extra attachments are sold separately.

I have this holster and I love it. I bought it in Phoenix when I was visiting my dad, very comfortable, you can't really feel the paddle like you would think you would. Good advice, great holster for the money, IMHO.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Here is a a Post By: krayh, that might be relevant to the subject...

Before I bought my 24/7 pro compact I was looking around for a nice holster, but never came across anything specific to the gun itself. I heard about UBG Holsters, so I contacted Nate and he was able to make a holster specific for the compact. Just wanted to let everyone interested know where to get it since I was looking for one too.

I am very happy with the holster. This is my first gun and first time carrying. I was very surprised at how comfortable it is to wear. The holster has a nice contour to it that fits my body well. The metal clips are very strong and durable... I even wore the holster without a belt and could draw the pistol without pulling the holster off. The leather and stitching are A++. I really have nothing bad to say about this holster. I'm 100% satisfied. Hope you found this useful.

Here are some photos. I asked for a IWB with metal clips and black leather, but I'm sure he could make the necessary adjustments to suit your needs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you most of you think strongside is the easiest way to carry? I've put on a few pounds over the years and it feels easier to reach in front of my German Tumor than around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have the 24/7 Pro .45 with a 4" bbl and had some difficulty finding a holster for it. I did find High Noon Holsters though and they came very highly reviewed in my research. I felt it was comparitively priced for a leather holster and so I ordered one. I ordered the "Slide Guard" in cowhide and also ponied up for the interior lining to protect the bluing on my slide a little longer. I'll tell you how I like it when I get it, but it will be a while as their turn around time is 4-5 months.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Gunnut said:
Do you most of you think strongside is the easiest way to carry? I've put on a few pounds over the years and it feels easier to reach in front of my German Tumor than around.
I am on the slender side, and it is easier for me to carry IWB, near center of my body in the front. The reason is, it is more comfortable when I sit down because the bottom of the holster does not hit my leg. I find that I can present the weapon quickly also.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Some holster news to note: I have found that the 24/7 PRO's will fit the SERPA holsters designed for the Springfield XD guns perfectly. I love my SERPA, and use it for range duty, IDPA, and CCW. So those looking for a great holster give the SERPA for XD's a try.

·
22,058 Posts
1 failure to eject in over 1k rounds fired and that was most likely a reload problem not the guns fault..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just another option. Check out www.crossbreedholsters.com, and go check out the Supertuck. I just got one for my PT111 Pro. A great holster and they do make them for the 24/7 Pro. Wait time is only about 2-3 weeks and they are reasonably priced. I think mine was about $66 delivered. BTW, they are offering a 10% discount right now. And, no, I do not work for the company. I did ALOT of research online, and found this to be the best for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just got a Fobus SP11B compact paddle holster for my 24/7 compact .45 cal. and I really like it. I posted a longer review comparing it to the Blakhawk on another thread. (I soon as I figure out how to link it, I will)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'll try to amswer 2 questions here. "Is the 24/7 reliable" I've had mine for 10 months, 1200 rnds, not 1 problem. I bought a Kholster for mine, wore it around for awhile then trimmed the excess leather. Very comfortable, very hidable, but I didnt do the "combat" cut because of the grip. Its leaving marks in the leather, I dont think I need a callous there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts