Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 444 ultralite 2" 44m. Anyone know a manufacturer who has holsters SPECIFICALLY for this model? Reviews of said model? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
I was looking at the 445 the other day at my FFL. The 445 is only a 44spl, no mag. But I was also wondering about the availability of a good holster. I was/am not really in the market for a 44 of any kind. Heck, I just sold my Ruger Redhawk a month or so ago, but at $330 plus tax it still haunts the back of my gun loving mind.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Let us know what you find. I have my 44mag Rossie 2" squeezed into an old holster but it is really tight.
"Dad, my shoes are too tight." You just keep wearing them shoes and you'll stretch them out just fine."

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 444 ultra lite in 2 1/2" that I carry bow hunting and as a trail gun and I have yet to find a holster specifically for it. I hVe been told that if get one for the Ragging Bull it will fit who h I don't doubt but it will also be longer than I need. I was also told to look for a holster that is for the Ruger Alaskan but have not checked any out. For now I am using a cheap nylon holster that was actually for a semi auto but it a near perfect fit. I believe it was made by Double Triple but with carry the last three years, the name on the tag has been worn off. Good luck in your search I will be interested in seeing what you find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Research mode update: because money is an element of this decision, it seems like a to quality, no frills hip holster will run about $75 dollars, narrowing it down now to what appears to be best craftsmanship...two finalists: Diamond D custom leather, and Simply Rugged holsters. If I can pry the wallet open, I will probably go with the Diamond D chesty rig. This is for 'trail gun' use, not cc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Simply rugged. I carry my 444 2" all day, like it isn't even there. Made specifically for it. Their sourdough pancake model, cheap, fast and high quality and I bought the cartridge snap. Awesome carry combo. All you need. . Simplyrugged.com

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I recently purchased a 444 ultralite 2" 44m. Anyone know a manufacturer who has holsters SPECIFICALLY for this model? Reviews of said model? Thanks in advance.
I have exactly the same revolver on order right now from Bud's. To answer your question, I have had three holsters made to order by Kramer Gun Leather. I went to their site just now and yes, they do this gun in horsehide leather for $126.

Edit: I know, I know; it's pricey. But hey. That Kramer looks damned good. You paid some big bucks for that UL, don't go getting a cheapo "one fits all holster."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts