Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a zillion topics here on holsters but I don't seem to be able to find the info I'm looking for.... I want a holster smlilar to this, eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices the ones I've tried have all been top heavy with a full clip and tend to pull away from the hip making the weapon fairly noticable. The location of the belt clip is installed to low on the holster making the geometry weird and top heavy.... I'm fairly new to the PT145 MillPro but have done some pretty good research on holsters but have come up empty..... Any suggestions out there? I've even considered moving the belt clip higher myself but that seems like a lot of work and time... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
First I would strongly urge you to consider the ability to draw that magazine on the front of the holster for a reload, what are you gonna do change the gun into your weak hand then grab the mag then have to fumble? I don't like it one bit.

Second, take a look at Galco, I don't know if they make any taurus specific products, but a little water and some time will allow the leather to mold to your pistol. My Galco tuc n go molded extremely well to my g19 and it rides so only the tail of the slide and grip are visible above my pants line. Makes for a very concealeable rig and yet enough grip for a positive draw.

Also take a look at the offerings from Tommy Theis or Crossbreed. Good luck on your holster search, there's a reason many of us have holsters to sell and pay it forward.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the extra mag pouch is something I can live without, unfortunately, they don't make this particular holster without them.. If I can't get the job done with 11 - .45 slugs, it may be time to reconsider my approach. I will definately take a look ot those suggestions and thanks for the honest reply.. What exactly do you mean by this statement? First I've heard of holster pay it forward... " there's a reason many of us have holsters to sell and pay it forward." I don't yet have enough posts to get into the market forum and I don't want to flood the board with useless BS just to get them... Is there anything in there that I might be interested?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
No problem, the pay it forward is just a running thread of stuff that we've accumulated that has little value and we as members feel it could serve others better than just sitting in our "gun drawer". I've picked up some useful stuff there, and have sent out some stuff I hope has found use.

For example I picked up a galco summer carry holster for a 1911, really came in handy when I needed to rely on my 1911 for carry. I've sent out some uncle mike and other nylon holsters that I got as placeholders, until I got what I really wanted.

I agree with your sentiment about 11 rounds of .45, I still sometimes carry an extra 17 round magazine in a jeans pocket from time to time. Most of the time the extra mag rides in my center console. I carry a 9mm though so 16 on board for me!

If you're looking at trying a certain type of holster, try to find a cheaper similar alternative, to give that platform a try. If it works buy the quality version.

I'm a fan of kydex holsters, and I'll soon be buying a IWB in kydex, just have to figure out which route to go (there are literally 100's of kydex manufacturer's). I carry almost exclusively OWB, it requires a certain type of dress, but normally a longer cut t-shirt from Old Navy costing $8 does the trick. When going for deep cover, I go to IWB in my galco.

Again good luck on your search. You are asking good questions, so hopefully it's a short search.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have two Galco's one IWB and one OWB for the PT 24/7 and they both fit my 24/7 and PT140 very well. Just wrap some wax paper around the firearm one time and place in holster for a day. Fits just right!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Man, that's really nice.... Two problems, 1: For some reason I'm hooked on putting a laser on my pistol and I don't see one that will accomodate a laser on their site.. 2: I sometimes wear suspenders instead of a belt so the belt loops will only work when, well,,,, wearing a belt. lol. I know I'm really asking a lot from a stinkin holster! I'd prefer to carry OTW and for total conceal, behind the back would work for me. Right now I'm looking for a OTW holster that fits my needs. There's like a ton of choices out there... Where might I find this pay it forward thread??

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
^^^ Man, that's really nice.... Two problems, 1: For some reason I'm hooked on putting a laser on my pistol and I don't see one that will accomodate a laser on their site.. 2: I sometimes wear suspenders instead of a belt so the belt loops will only work when, well,,,, wearing a belt. lol. I know I'm really asking a lot from a stinkin holster! I'd prefer to carry OTW and for total conceal, behind the back would work for me. Right now I'm looking for a OTW holster that fits my needs. There's like a ton of choices out there... Where might I find this pay it forward thread??
You might want to consider a Remora. I can't vouch for them just yet as my new 4ART for my 709/740 is in transit (possible it may fit my PT140MilPro, too), but had enough recommendation from around here to give it a try. May be just the thing for one that wears suspenders, as I do on occasion. There is an option for the laser available.
Remora Series 5ART Holster (IWB)

I'm currently using DeSantis IWB's Tuck This II and The Insider for my PT140. The Tuck II has an adjustable cant clip and the front mag holder (I have no problem using weak hand to cross draw and insert mag from RH 3:00 position). This holster rides high with good access to the pistol. The Insider rides very low in comparison (better concealment) and has a tenacious clip that works well with or without a belt. Both are all day comfort.

I'm of the opinion no one can have enough holsters.:D

"Pay It Forward" is a sticky under "Classified" "Firearms"

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
One problem I think you will always have with an outside waist holster is trying to wear it without a belt. Suspenders keep your pants up, not tight around the waist. So the waist band of your pants needs to be stiff to keep the holster and gun upright. I think the only logical way is to always wear a belt. The other option for a clip on is an inside the waist holster. You might be able to get away without a belt since most of the holster and gun are inside the pants. I don't know how big you are, but my current size of my gut wont allow inside waist carry since I refuse to buy bigger clothes. But I wear a tight Blackhawk gun belt every day for my outside holster or my pocket carry TCP. But most people I know that wear suspenders instead of belts don't like belts much in general and "need" the suspenders to keep their pants up. I have a 145 also and is a great carry gun. I use a kholster for inside waist carry, and a taguagun leather slide holster for outside waist carry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts