Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a CCW holster for the PT101 ??

Looking for ANY help on this one...

Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just found this company a few weeks ago. Brigadegunleather.com has some of the most beautiful leather iwb holsters I have seen in a while. They are not cheap but they are a quality holster. Planning on ordering one as soon as I can decide on wich gun I want for my carry.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i use a fobus holster made of kydex.. this is my first kydex holster and i must say i think i really like the material, it's like plastic but it's pretty sturdy stuff and i like the way it keeps it's form, reholstering is a snap.

it's a pretty compact little holster it does ride a little low for CCW, so make sure you wear a long shirt or a jacket, it may not be what you're looking for but i love mine, i've yet to run into someone who could spot it without me telling them about it.

i paid 18 for mine at buds gunshop and i could'nt be more happy with the holster for that price.
one thing to note is i have the belt version, i do not know if the paddle or roto versions or any good.

FOBUS: https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=490
BUDSGUNSHOP: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/50004

·
Registered
3,737 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I have the Roto. It's nice that it is adjustable but because it is, it makes it stick out another 1/4" to 3/8".
ya fish had the paddle roto also and said the same thing i dont care much for paddles and did'nt need a roto version so i just go the standard belt version.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I loved the Fobus paddle I had for my M85. About a year ago, my Girlfriend's brother-in-law gave me $20 bucks on the spot for it (roughly the purchase price new!), having developed a taste for the thing after using one for plainclothes carry of his Beretta 92. I don't belt-carry the 85 much anymore, and when I do, I'm using a tighter rig. Every once in a while, though, I wish I had it back. I was very quick on, and very quick off, but still secure. Great for a mid night run to the stop-n-rob. Great holster to have around for 26 bucks.

Interestingly, Fobus lists several holsters for the PT92 & PT99, but they don't list the PT101 alongside. However, the same holsters are cross references to both the Beretta 92 and 96.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Dave85 said:
Interestingly, Fobus lists several holsters for the PT92 & PT99, but they don't list the PT101 alongside. However, the same holsters are cross references to both the Beretta 92 and 96.
ya i noticed that two but the guns have the same dimensions so it should work, it shoudl also fit the 917 since it's for all intent and purpose a 92 with shorter slide, frame is same.

i did holster my beretta 92 in the fobus but it was a very tight fit were it snaps around the trigger guard for retention.. probably because i already had it adjusted for the taurus, the berretta is just a standard 92fs not a vertec..

so ima guess the evolution series vertec/taurus-w-rail holster will work just fine for the normal 92/96 and older taurus but i ain't making any promises on that one.

the Evol series holsters are also pretty attractive if you just wanted to sport one around the range they are hansom little holsters imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Fobus paddle holster (SP11B) for my 2nd gen PT145 mill pro. I love the holster, though it does ride low, i like the positive retention when its holstered. You can probably jog while carrying and not worry about it falling out! They didn't list any other holsters that they make for it. Does anyone know if Fobus makes a belt version to fit the PT145? I've heard maybe the SP11, the belt version of the SP11B, will work but no confirmation on that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To anyone looking for a concealed carry appartus, check out the Easyrider II. Completely concealed even when in sight. It is a paddle. Looks like a PDA case, (Black Berry). Bud

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Bud said:
To anyone looking for a concealed carry appartus, check out the Easyrider II. Completely concealed even when in sight. It is a paddle. Looks like a PDA case, (Black Berry). Bud
Gee Bud, Thanks for the information! I had a tough time finding it, until I found this site!! http://www.desantisholster.com/n15.html, Of course they call it E-Z Rider. It might work for me, as I am a computer nut, and carry PDA's, multi tool cases, and sometimes laptops. Never thought about a paddle for a case that size though.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Robby said:
Gee Bud, Thanks for the information! I had a tough time finding it, until I found this site!! http://www.desantisholster.com/n15.html, Of course they call it E-Z Rider. It might work for me, as I am a computer nut, and carry PDA's, multi tool cases, and sometimes laptops. Never thought about a paddle for a case that size though.
It looks to be a decent carry case, however, it is not for me. I never do off the body carry. I guess I'm paranoid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is a really good OWB holster for a PT145/PT111 that is close to the body that doesn't leave an inprint with a loose shirt or t-shirt?
CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Depending on your body shape, where you wear it, and several other factors, there are too many to even talk about. From Fobus & Don Hume on the low end to Bianchi, Blackhawk, and then the specialty makers that go thru the roof in cost.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am 5'6" stocky looking for not expensive, but a holster that is leather and places my gun close to the body like an IWB holster only it will be OWB.

CDP

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have two OWB holsters, a Fobus paddle for the Mil Pro. SP11B.
I have a Don Hume, Don Hume First Agent (H710) Holster / Shooting Hand: Right, It rides behind my hip bone, and is fairly comfortable to wear. I have the exact same model for my 6rd 357, so my reach and draw are the same with both guns.
My 9mm revolver has a paddle holster from Fobus TA85, that fits it and the 85 to 85+ series of guns.

·
Registered
65 Posts
CDP if you are looking for a custom holster that will fit like a glove then expect to pay in the $60.00 + region. In the case of leather holsters, you get what you pay for. I have a Fobus paddle holster and I do not like it nearly as much as the custom job I had made for me. Sure, the Fobus was a third cheaper, but if you don't wear it, what good is it.

Check your local gun shops for a Don Hume or other such leather holster. You will pay almost the same as a custom job, sometimes more....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts