Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO while I am waiting delivery on my pt111 what is a good carry holster? I prefer leather
Thanks
mace

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Reactions: MilProGuy and ozzy

·
Super Moderator
36,030 Posts
I have an Alien Gear leather/kydex IWB for my PT145 which is very comfortable and a good value.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
A concealed OWB holster is another option.....extremely comfortable, very quick draw/re-holster. Both Sneaky Pete and Bulldog make 'em.

SneakyPete

With Texas relaxing the penalties for "flashing", I'm no longer so paranoid of OWB and have been carrying my M66 3" or my 2" 605 Poly in a Don Hume JIT slide which is a very comfy affordable decent quality leather OWB belt slide style holster.

20k2b0z.jpg

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
619 Posts
Please elaborate.....I thought open carry in Texas was a no no.
I think he conceals it with a overgarment instead of IWB carrying being that he no longer has to worry about penalties. Man, I feel sorry for you. I live in the now Blue/Liberal state of Virginia, and even we can open carry w/o a permit. You would think the most conservative pro 2nd amendment state in the union would have the best gun laws.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have an Alien Gear leather/kydex IWB for my PT145 which is very comfortable and a good value.
This! I purchased the Alien Gear Combo, so I have 1 IWB and 1 OWB holster. The shells are modular, so whenever I purchase a new gun, I just have to spend $12 on another shell which can be used on either the IWB or OWB holster.

2 modular fully adjustable leather/kydex holsters with a lifetime guarantee, and free shell substitutions all for $60 shipped can't be beat IMHO.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I carry my G2 in a Desantis speed scabbard for a Glock and the fit and retention are great. I also have a Desantis Sof-tuk and an Alien Gear IWB that I use from time to time. But for the most part I carry OWB at this point. Its way more comfortable, and conceals well enough with a t-shirt. As it gets colder, I will start carrying my 809 OWB with a jacket also.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
This! I purchased the Alien Gear Combo, so I have 1 IWB and 1 OWB holster. The shells are modular, so whenever I purchase a new gun, I just have to spend $12 on another shell which can be used on either the IWB or OWB holster.

2 modular fully adjustable leather/kydex holsters with a lifetime guarantee, and free shell substitutions all for $60 shipped can't be beat IMHO.
That's what I was going to say also. I know they are looking for a leather holster but you just can't beat alien gear on price/guarantee.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Please elaborate.....I thought open carry in Texas was a no no.
The original Texas CCW laws were written such that you could be charged with a crime if your shirt tail rode up over the gun in public. NOW, for about a year, I guess, that has been modified to make "accidental flashing" just an accident. One STILL cannot open carry, but if the shirt tail rides up over the muzzle of the gun, I no longer have to worry about bail, legal retainers, getting cuffed and stuffed, losing my license, all that.

Reactions: djb383

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Leather? I use a "Bulldog Cases" pancake; believe it or not the PT-111 G2 takes it in "large". The PT-111 Millennium Pro, PT-140 and PT-145 also fit in this holster...
Looks like to much of the trigger guard is uncovered for my liking. But to each his own

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
You cannot cover too much of the trigger guard, not in this day and age of "safe action" triggers. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
This was for quick show-n-tell, guns do set "deeper" into the Bulldog Cases holster. As a side note - If one hasn't mastered the basics of keeping the trigger finger straight along the receiver (off the trigger) during the draw, no amount of leather will solve the problem. Then you'll end up in a YouTube security camera video shooting yourself on an elevator while dropping your box of donuts. Oops, that was already done this week.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
This was for quick show-n-tell, guns do set "deeper" into the Bulldog Cases holster. As a side note - If one hasn't mastered the basics of keeping the trigger finger straight along the receiver (off the trigger) during the draw, no amount of leather will solve the problem. Then you'll end up in a YouTube security camera video shooting yourself on an elevator while dropping your box of donuts. Oops, that was already done this week.

The problem with leaving the trigger of a "safe action" gun exposed in a holster that has inadequate protection is bumping in to something, something snagging the trigger, and don't say it can't happen. Ol' man Murphy said that. That's why he postulated his law.

Cover that trigger and be safe, especially if you're around ME.

Of course, you can be like Plaxico...."Holster? What holster? I don't need no stinkin' HOLSTER!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts