Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a .38 spl 2" Ultralite 650 coming in - one must accessorize properly for warmer weather.

Does anyone carry this model or something similiar?

What have you found that works well?

Where can I get these things that work well?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
My 650 is just a pocket gun for me. I currently use an Uncle Mikes.

Steelheart

·
Registered
118 Posts
I carry my 85UL in a new style pocket holster I made.

Designed to be a thin as possible and still not print.

Holster section attached to the back plate

Back plate

With gun

Thin as you can get it

How it works (ignore dirty clothes)

The original with two others I made up for some other people on another forum as real world test cases. They are molded on a 85, but are tweaked for a S&W 642. Discoloration of the original due to over lubing the gun and having the oil leak out into the holster, but it doesn't affect the holster's function any.

I'm really happy with it. It has held up very nicely, retention is surprisingly good (more than enough for a pocket holster), works great in jeans and slacks, and looks like a large wallet in your pocket. The only thing that could even be a complaint is that reholstering the gun with the holster in your pocket can be a pain. If you have interest, PM me and we can see if we can work something out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Might look at Sidegaurd Holsters...http://www.sideguardholsters.com/index.htm. I really like his OWB "The Slide" holster. Price is very reasonable for the quality of product you get. Every holster and mag pouch I have ordered from him has held up wonderfully, they are high quality products without spending a fortune and waiting half a year for it.

JLaw

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have the suede IWB from Holsterman.
What I like about this holster is with Tshirt out, fits in front pocket nicely
with clip on pocket.
Or you can remove the clip and use it as a pocket holster.
Or as it was intended IWB.
I have the same style for my 140 and works well too.
I think they were around 18 bucks delivered through Ebay.
The one for the 650 is advertised as for 2" Rev, SandW or Ruger.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You guys that pur your guns in your front pockets must have some huge pockets that would look like I got a brief case stuffed in my pockets and sitting down or qwick drawing forgetaboutit. Glad you guys have good luck with it though.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
tjsjr said:
You guys that pur your guns in your front pockets must have some huge pockets that would look like I got a brief case stuffed in my pockets and sitting down or qwick drawing forgetaboutit. Glad you guys have good luck with it though.
It's not that bad. I wear dress pants at my 2nd job and carry my M650 there. I'm not a big guy, 5'6" and 160-170 lbs. I can't use a pocket holster with jeans but with dress pants or shorts for summer (but I only get shorts that will work for carry).

The quick draw isn't a concern as the gun will be in my hand before anything might start. All I have to do is remove my hand from my pocket. Access sucks when seated however.

Steelheart

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a fobus paddle for mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts