Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to this forum as well as handguns in general. I just bought a 24/7 pro .45acp and am looking for a couple of holsters for it. After looking at holsters from Galco to Uncle Mike's and everything in between, this gun does not have a wide range of options. One thing that I did notice though is that a lot of the leather holsters that I looked at also fit other models like the P228, P229, and some S&W models. Never holding one in my hand and just looking at pictures on the internet would it be fair to say that holsters that fit these others models would generally fit the 24/7 also?

I have not really looked at IWB holsters much because I have a friend who carries and says they are uncomfortable. What is the general consensus among you folks?

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Take a look at Fobus, you get the same thing, one model will fit lots of brands. I know, from the PT111, and the Rossi 461, that other makes fit them, and leather is more forgiving than the stuff Fobus uses.

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
My 9mm 24/7 fits very nicely in this Tagua Thumb-Break that was originally intended for the H&K USP9.

I also have a Don Hume IWB Holster that fits both the 9mm 24/7 and H&K USP9. ( I don't recommend it. Comes out of my waistband with the Gun!)

The Fobus HK-1 Holster for the H&K USP series Pistols does not fit my 24/7. I also have the Fobus RU97 typically recomended for the 24/7's, but am not at all happy with it! Still looking for something else! May wind up crafting my own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys.

I've got this under a post in the Conceled Carry board, but does anyone know of a right-hand, Middle of the back holster that works for the 24/7 .40? Preferably in the waistband? I like the Fobus for the hip when I'm out on the farm, but I'm looking for something more concealed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought a Galco SOB250B for my 24/7 pro .45. Holds weapon well and is comfortable to wear (after I hand massaged it to soften the leather). Wouldn't wear it in urban areas unless had a long shirt/jacket to keep it covered. But, in rural areas while hiking/fishing it's great - stays out of the way, leaves room on hip for other "tools".

·
Registered
19 Posts
brink2060 said:
Thanks for the tip about the Fobus. You are not the first person I have heard say the same thing. I did not find Tagua holsters in my search, I will check them out.

Tagua's can be found at: http://www.firestoreonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=660

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Under_Armor/under_armor.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Bare_Asset/bare_asset.html

Also what are some opinions on thumb break or no thumb break for a beginner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use one of these for my 24/7 Pro .45 and I love it. I had to sand and polish the edges, but I expected it for the price. It's turned out to be a really nice holster. I got the model made for the Glock 19. http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/the-304/Concealed-Carry,-leather,-gun/Detail

I also have a Bianchi Model 7500 AccuMold Paddle size 11. I notice their site lists it for the 24/7 now but didn't when I bought it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
FYI, guys:

realize that leather holsters will fit more of a range of handguns. Kydex, however, being less compliant, will be less forgiving. So don't expect a kydex holster that fits a HK USP to also fit a 24/7 Pro just because you once saw a leather holster that will fit both.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
Does this provide any retention by way of the trigger guard?
No...it does not have a SERPA type retention device per-se. It's not a holster meant for open carry. I use it off-duty with an untucked shirt.

·
Registered
230 Posts
don't mean that way. I'm referring to the sort of retention a molded holster gives, or a plastic holster-- clips onto the trigger guard.

I'm not looking for much more than keeping the weapon from falling out when I bend over or run.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Taurus_Jeeper said:
don't mean that way. I'm referring to the sort of retention a molded holster gives, or a plastic holster-- clips onto the trigger guard.

I'm not looking for much more than keeping the weapon from falling out when I bend over or run.
It will not fall out when you bend over or run. It is molded to the shape of the gun as most quality leather holsters are.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My 9mm 24/7 Pro Compact works perfectly in the Bianchi CarryLok 82 model designed for the Glock 19. It had to loosen up a bit, but did so quickly. I use this when working around the river to assure I don't lose the piece. Also, the Kydex Model 16 (in paddle style for me) works well, once the two tension screws are adjusted appropriately (top one tight, bottom one loosened). I took the bottom inch or so off the holster below the second screw, so as to shorten the below-belt exposure. Nice high, secure ride. No problems whatsoever with either rig in daily use.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts