Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my CHL soon, so I am thinking of a holster. I am leaning torwards the Split Decision from HighNoon for my PT111. The Bianchi Professional is another option. I know that a few of you use those. I am not exactly convinced that that 'the black clip on a black belt fools the eye', plus I wear brown belts usually. What I ALWAYS have with me is my cell phone on my belt, so I am wondering if this is a crazy idea. I am trying to figure if I could glue/screw my cell phone clip to the holster clip. I'm thinking that if I do it low on the holster clip my phone would be below the top of the belt, so it should not interfere with the draw. What do you all think? I wondering if there is enough clearance between the clip and the belt for a screw/nut to be there.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
Why not just get a cell phone belt pouch to slide on the belt over the holster clip?

It's not an unheard of ploy, though. Ever seen a "pager pal"? Of course, who wears a pager anymore? LOL But, it's the same idea except with a functional cell phone.

I have a Rosen Workman tuckable that comes with a key fob to clip to the holster clip to disguise it as a key holder and that works quite well. I just loop my key ring into the snap on the holster loop and snap it over. Had one of those chained wallets for a while, even better. Lately, though, I've been into pocket carry.

I really don't like those belt clip type holsters. I've had the holster come out with the gun before. I guess it depends on the design of the clip, though. Some of 'em have a little hook that keeps the clip from riding over the belt. I still prefer a leather snap loop, though, more secure. The loop on the Sparks Summer Special has two snaps for added security and they must be pulled down to unsnap, won't unstap in the other direction lifing up.

One thing I don't like is anything in close proximity of the weapon if I need at it in a hurry. I've found if I stick my cell phone near the gun it can get in the way of the draw. Just have to experiment with it and see for yourself, I reckon.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The black plastic clip blends in well enough with a black belt that no one has said anything to me in the few years I've been using it. But, if I'm going to be somewhere there is knowledgeable people (like a gun show that doesn't allow carry) I won't use it.

I haven't had any trouble with the black kydex clips but I only use them with a double thickness leather gun belt. It seems to give enough width for a good hold by the clip. The only time I've had a clip come un-hooked I'd bounced by hip off something with an upward hip and dislodged it. The front clip was still fine.

If I couldn't wear the gun belt I'd want loops. It really helps to have the clips/loops the same color as the belt. I've started getting all my belts in black to keep things simple. If your holster has removable snap loops you could get them to match your belt. It would be cheaper than having multiple holsters for different colors (unless you absolutely must color coordinate).

Steelheart

Steelheart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts