Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Looking for a high-ride type owb holster for my pt111 pro. Anybody have any suggestions or experiences with any? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
There are a couple of dealers at the bottom of the front page that make great holsters. I have a Fobus that I like very well, made in Israel for about $30 I picked up on e-bay.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Fobus SP11B; DeSantis Mini-Slide or Thumb Break Scabbard (listed for PT24/7 - works as well with Mil Pro's) Molded Leather - excellent quality and workmanship.

BELT HOLSTERS ? DeSantis Holster

I have all those mentioned. The 3-slot belt loop Thumb Break rides very high, good retention - recommend for very active outdoor use (ATV, climbing etc). The SP11B and Mini-Slide less active (hiking, walking, enclosed vehicle etc). I'm not much of a fan of the IWB/OWB belt clip/belt slot leather/Kydex dual purpose or even those of the same design for OWB only as I find them overly large and clunky. LOL

In any case, don't buy direct from DeSantis site - get part numbers for those you might like, then shop around - you can save much doing so in all cases. There are many, many good holster manufacturers to choose from - few make shoddy products. Like most, you'll end up with several holsters over time until you find one that is just right for you - then another will catch your fancy. LOL

·
Registered
846 Posts
If I was getting a OWB holster, I would try a RKBA. That being said, I think I'll stick to IWB.

Kydex - RKBA Holsters

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Fobus. I got one each for my Millenium and Bersa.

Possibly another one for my SR22, for range work.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
846 Posts
Fobus. I got one each for my Millenium and Bersa.

Possibly another one for my SR22, for range work.
Fobus is OK for the range, but they let the gun stick out to far from your body for CCW.

Your best option to get what you want exactly is to have a custom Kydex holster made. I ordered one for my PT1911 from Lockhart Munitions, and you can customize everything about the holster. Mine ran me $55, but I got to choose every detail right down to the degree of the cant. Check them out: Lockhart Munitions - Custom solutions for modern day contingencies.
You got my attention!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fobus is OK for the range, but they let the gun stick out to far from your body for CCW.

You got my attention!!!
I like being able to choose. My buddy is having them make a center console organizer for his truck completely out of kydex with an integrated holster of course for his truck gun. They will make absolutely anything, you just have to email them. They also have some basic outlines if you don't know where to start.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I got the Fobus SB11...works great for me. Although, it took along time to get here by mail.

I am on the hunt for a really good range bag now....something for two pistols, ammo, mags, glasses, ear protection.... etc..ect....ect.

Pretty sure it will be one of these

MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I carry my PT145 in a tagua OWB.Fits like a glove.Be sure to get a good gun belt. DSC00596.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome. Thanks for all y'all's input and suggestions. I have considered the fobus or kydex but had been leaning more towards leather as fobus tends to sit a little farther out from the body.

-Mark45acp - that is pretty much what I had been thinking. How high does it ride and how is the draw with the thumb break? Would you mind sending a pic of it on your hip?

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts