Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hopefully this has not been discussed before. I searched and could not find anything related to my unique situation. If I missed it I do apologize.

I am in hopes that someone has all ready gone through this exercise and can save me some time and effort :) I have a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in 9mm with Williams after market FireSights. The front sight sits approximately 0.45" off the slide. I am having problems finding a USPSA compliant holster to fit my configuration ( Section 5: Competitor Equipment Section 5.3 ). I am looking for an Outside the Waist Band Belt holster. I like the Comp-Tac OWB belt holster ( Outside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Belt Holster ) but I contacted them and they allow for 0.25" in the sight channel which will not work with my particular configuration. Any help on this matter would be outstanding.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
For an IPSC Range Holster, I use a Blackhawk Serpa and it should work with your sights, though I don't remember the Williams Firesights being that much taller than stock sights. I use this Holster for both my 9mm 24/7 Pro and my .45 24/7 OSS. Also look into the ITAC holsters which are similar. Another possibility is the Safariland universal fit holsters which are quality gear!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I did check out the Blackhawk Serpa and ITAC-TS1 on their respective websites but was unsure about the Level II Mechanical Retention on those models. I have never owned or even handled a holster with a mechanical retention and was unsure how it would affect draw speed. I never looked at the Safariland holsters but will now. May be I will just order a Blackhawk Serpa and return it if it interferes with the sights. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same model, I have used the Itac Defense holster. Worked fine. Then I put the adjustable Williams FireSights on and the front sight drags in the channel of the holster. Using a paint stirrer wrapped with sandpaper, I've opened up the sight channel and it works like it used to. Took a long time.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Hey fellas, can you tell me how well your firearms perform with and how much you like your Williams Firesights?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My firearm performs well. I do not have any information related to the group sizes I shoot at different distance so I can not help you there. But over all I am very satisfied with my PT 27/4. I also like the Williams Firesights but have had a few issues with them. First the fibre optic in the front sight fell out but I contacted Williams and they sent me a new piece of fibre ( along with some extra incase it happens again ) to install. The other thing is it's hard to find holsters that fit properly. I have a Crossbreed IWB that I use for conceal carry and had to take a hair dryer to it increasing the sight channel so the new sights would fit. I also have a Fobus OWB holster and had to take a razor blade to it and cut out the sight channel so it would fit. Lastly, I have the adjustable Williams Firesights and they are sharp. I have cut my hand a few times racking the slide especially when trying to clear a FTF quickly. Although, with all that said I do like the sights. The fibre optics are bright and adjustablity is great so I can have a sight picture where impact is at point of aim instead of compensating like I did with the original sights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
I ordered and received the Blackhawk Serpa and it fits with the Williams Firesights installed without any modifications.
Knew it would fit! Glad it will work for you! :cool: I really like my Serpa and my 9mm 24/7 Pro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts