Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good holster they would recommend?

I currently have a single clip, all kydex IWB for it. I can't remember the manufacturer. But I hate it.

It isn't properly made. I'm a lefty and the holster hits my mag release fairly often when I'm carrying it.

Like the gun. Just need a new holster.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
35,170 Posts
Do you want to stay with IWB? Or are you open to OWB? I conceal carry but I carry OWB only.

My son's G2S is almost identical in size to a Shield. I would imagine any leather holster that isn't form fitted to the Shield would work.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Like most handgun owners, I have an assortment of different holsters that I've aquired over the years. The holster that I like best is a Hybrid IWB holster from FoxX holsters (www.foxxholsters.com). I wear it at the five o'clock position, but it can be worn at any waist position you like.

I considered a Crossbreed holster, but thought they were too expensive. I also considered Alien Gear holsters, but after reading reviews of their poor customer service and late deliveries, I decided against them (this was quite a while ago, and I think they have since fixed that problem).

I chose FoxX, and I am very happy with their product. The basic IWB Hybrid cost just $39, including shipping. And it was at my door one week after I ordered it online.....ONE WEEK! You can also choose from an assortment of upgrades if you like (horsehide leather, comfort-pad backing, etc). I use the FoxX IWB Hybrid 98 percent of the time I carry. If I wear it all day long, on a hot sticky day, without an undershirt, the leather sometimes irritates my skin. If I had ponied up the extra $12.50 for their velvet-like comfort pad, I probably wouldn't have that problem.

When I wear a suit, I sometimes use a PDA holster that looks like a cell phone holster for a big Galaxy Note cell phone, $39.95 (www.pdaholsters.com).
I also have a Clinger “Atomic” holster which I use when I want to appendix-carry in the front. That's a good holster too, but they don't make the Atomic model anymore. Their “Stingray” model, which replaced the Atomic, is $39.95 (www.clingerholsters.com)
Another really good holster is the Ace Dri-Matrix by Black Arch Holsters. It has a neoprene-like backing which is great against your bare-skin in hot weather, $69.95 (www.blackarchholsters.com).
I sometimes use a “Sticky” holster when I just want to carry the gun in the cargo pockets of my shorts.

No one holster will fill all your needs, and your personal preference may be different from mine. I use all of my holsters, but the FoxX gets used the most.

Other holsters you might look at are:
Urban Carry (www.urbancarryholsters.com)
Kangaroo Carry (www.kangaroocarry.com)
We The People (www.wethepeopleholsters.com)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like most handgun owners, I have an assortment of different holsters that I've aquired over the years. The holster that I like best is a Hybrid IWB holster from FoxX holsters (www.foxxholsters.com). I wear it at the five o'clock position, but it can be worn at any waist position you like.

I considered a Crossbreed holster, but thought they were too expensive. I also considered Alien Gear holsters, but after reading reviews of their poor customer service and late deliveries, I decided against them (this was quite a while ago, and I think they have since fixed that problem).

I chose FoxX, and I am very happy with their product. The basic IWB Hybrid cost just $39, including shipping. And it was at my door one week after I ordered it online.....ONE WEEK! You can also choose from an assortment of upgrades if you like (horsehide leather, comfort-pad backing, etc). I use the FoxX IWB Hybrid 98 percent of the time I carry. If I wear it all day long, on a hot sticky day, without an undershirt, the leather sometimes irritates my skin. If I had ponied up the extra $12.50 for their velvet-like comfort pad, I probably wouldn't have that problem.

When I wear a suit, I sometimes use a PDA holster that looks like a cell phone holster for a big Galaxy Note cell phone, $39.95 (www.pdaholsters.com).
I also have a Clinger “Atomic” holster which I use when I want to appendix-carry in the front. That's a good holster too, but they don't make the Atomic model anymore. Their “Stingray” model, which replaced the Atomic, is $39.95 (www.clingerholsters.com)
Another really good holster is the Ace Dri-Matrix by Black Arch Holsters. It has a neoprene-like backing which is great against your bare-skin in hot weather, $69.95 (www.blackarchholsters.com).
I sometimes use a “Sticky” holster when I just want to carry the gun in the cargo pockets of my shorts.

No one holster will fill all your needs, and your personal preference may be different from mine. I use all of my holsters, but the FoxX gets used the most.

Other holsters you might look at are:
Urban Carry (www.urbancarryholsters.com)
Kangaroo Carry (www.kangaroocarry.com)
We The People (www.wethepeopleholsters.com)
Thank you for the recommendations. I totally forgot about FoxX holsters. I used to have one for my Ruger SR40C and liked it quite a bit.

I'll check out the other options too but wouldn't be upset about going with FoxX again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
Reactions: DRAGON64
1 - 5 of 5 Posts