Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Holster for PT145 and Pt111

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PhillyShooter 
#1 ·
I just picked up a new stainless PT111 today at a gun show, traded in my Steyr M9 so I paid $90 for the PT111. My question is, besides my Uncle Mike's #12 sidekick, are the PT145 and PT111 useable in any other holsters? I really hate to have to buy a separate holster for each gun. I'm thinking of getting a Galco IWB, Fobus paddle or something similar.

#2 ·
I prefer to get a separate holster for each type of gun (my small frame revolvers can share but they are basically the same gun). A holster designed for the gun will be more comfortable and hold onto the gun better than a generic design.

Yes, I do have a couple of generic holsters in a drawer but they are for reserve or emergency use, not for normal carry.

All that being said, there are some gun designs that can share some specific holster designs but I couldn't tell you any examples offhand.

Steelheart

#3 ·
DeSantis makes a model called a cozy partner. I have one and my 111 and 145 both fit perfectly. It's IWB..You might want to google their site.

#4 ·
I bought the Fobus paddle for the Millenium Pro series. Partially due to price, and because the generic multi IWB, or OWB that I bought for it, was too short to tightly fasten the Sticky retention straps.

It works great, and fits close for me. I am thicker above the waist so my clothes cover it pretty well. I hope to take the CCW in Dec. so I can carry it.

Any idea's how to CCW a 13" long JUDGE, just in case I want to show off!!

I am kidding about the JUDGE, but it might hang in a vertical shoulder holster. That is the one that is hard to get a holster for.

#5 ·
PhillyShooter, I live just down the road from you and have both the guns also. Any holster that fits one will fit the other. I carry the PT-145 daily with a high noon holster. Both the split decision and bare asset are stocked items that will fit the guns.
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Pro...nside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html

Comtac also makes the c-tac that wiil fit both guns.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/pro...id=61&osCsid=18ed342e188fbd58bb822246230bf616

Hope these or other holsters work out for you. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.