Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I just found this forum and have really enjoyed it so far. Back in '97 I bought a model 85 with a 3 inch barrel. At the time I lived in Illinois so I never thought I'd have the opportunity to carry it concealed. I have since moved to Missouri where things are different. In those intervening years I also became an old guy and disabled to boot. I figure that to some street punks out there that makes me a target. So I have decided to get a permit to carry in this State. I have had a very difficult time finding a concealment holster fo the revolver. Then I rememberd that years ago I had ordered a great holster rig for a single action I owned at the time from a very old outfit in Texas. El Passo Saddelry. They have been in buisiness since 1889 and have made holsters for John Wesley Hardin, General George Patton and the Duke himself. I went on their website and found that they make a lot of styles of concealment holsters and I had no trouble finding one that I likewd for the Taurus 85.The one I ordered is the Snap On Elite Thumbreak. It is fully lined and set me back113.00 dollars plus 8.00 dollars shipping. I know that's not cheap, but it ain't bad for what amounts to a semi custom made holster. I just ordered it so I will post pics when it gets here. These are good quality American made holsters from a company with a rich history. They don't get much press. If you're like me and can't find the holster you're lookin' for or just want something different, go to their site and give them a gander. Sorry about the wordy first post. Watash

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
That looks like a pretty doggone nice holster, and $113 bucks strikes me as a fair price. Might have to check them out myself, one 'o these days. And welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're getting a nice holster.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! I have been to El Paso Saddlery in years past, but didn't know they made holsters for concealed carry. Good info thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I just posted on here about purchasing a 85 3in and what holster availability was. I'll be sure to check them out once I pull the trigger.

Welcome!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Believe me, it takes some searching, I bought a great Alessi IWB holster many years ago for a 3" Ruger SP 101 I owned, later traded the gun, kept the holster for a couple of years, and sadly sold it in a box of holsters I sold to a gunshop.

It's no longer made, guess the point I am trying to make is keep holsters for 3" revolvers!

And they can always be used for a 2" snubbie.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
The only "over the counter" holster I found for my 3" SP101 was a Don Hume 715. My Hume JIT fits because it is open on the muzzle end.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
BELL CHARTER OAK CUSTOM HOLSTERS PANCAKE STYLES (607) 783-2483
Scroll about half way down the page for this site and there is a specific one the: CHIEFS III SPEED SCABBARD
Available For Selected 2 1/2 & 3 Inch Barrels $89.00 Available for all S&W J frames with 2 1/2 and 3 inch barrels. Also, compatible with "Hi-Viz" front sight and adjustable rear sights. Additionally available for, Colt D frames, Detective Special, Agent, Cobra and similar frame sizes from Taurus and Charter Arms with 3 inch barrels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts