Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got hold of a nice PT945. I am looking for a "on-the-belt" holster. I currently carry a S&W Mdl36 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster. I like the PT945 but it is discontinued and not a lot of folks have holsters for it. I was wondering what the closest fit might be. My Taurus 85 is a direct copy of my S&W 36. Does the Sig 220 holsters work? Can you reccommend a holster that keeps the pistol from printing on the cover shirt? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
The fobus made for the 940 also fits the 945 well. As long as your 945 doesnt have the accessory rail.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
There is a sticky at the top of the Concealed Carry sub forum with a whole bunch of holster makers. You should be able to find just what you're looking for there. Happy hunting!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got hold of a nice PT945. I am looking for a "on-the-belt" holster. I currently carry a S&W Mdl36 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster. I like the PT945 but it is discontinued and not a lot of folks have holsters for it. I was wondering what the closest fit might be. My Taurus 85 is a direct copy of my S&W 36. Does the Sig 220 holsters work? Can you reccommend a holster that keeps the pistol from printing on the cover shirt? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
After looking into buying a Blackhawk for my PT945 Taurus, I was informed Blackhawk doesn't make one for this gun.. I wouldn't accept that answer.. I did some testing and fitting on my own.
I came across the blackhawk holster number 5 for the sig 229 pistol is extremely tight but I could slip it in and lock it. But it was honestly too tight to use that way. I took some yellow dye to the gun and slid it into the holster after I bought it to find out what was hitting. didn't take long to figure out with a dremel tool and 90 seconds worth of "grinding" I got the holster to fit like a glove. Unless you look into the holster you wouldn't even know it was altered and there is so little grinding done that truthfully it shouldn't and hasn't seemed to alter it's strength.
I wrote Black hawk with what I did hoping they would advise others looking for the same advise.. I in stead got an automated email telling me again they don't make a holster for this gun.

Enjoy the holster like I am if you do the same... It costs about 49 dollars for the holster... And worth every dime....

P.S. mine has the rail on the bottom for a laser or whatever.... The holster has no extra room for a laser though, just the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts