Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More questions... looking for IWB holster for my 605 Poly.

First are the 605 poly and 605 steel models the same dimensions for a holster? Are the 605 Poly and the 85 Poly the same dimensions?

Next any brands and models you recommend? I do not want a Cross Breed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The Poly and standard frames are different. The Poly model is thicker. Holsters that fit a standard 605 or 85 MIGHT fit the Poly. If it's a very tight fit for the steel version, they it's likely that it will not. If it's a little looser, it probably will. I posted pictures of both my Poly 85 and Ultra-Lite stainless 85 to the forum before, which shows the difference. I'll see if I can find them. The 605 versions, as I understand it, are the same as the 85 versions. (.357 Magnum vs. .38-Special)

I just got some very nice holsters from The Absoraka Kid, which I plan to post. One of them is IWB and WILL fit the Poly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks MR_22, that is exactly what I need to know. Does "The Absoraka Kid" have a web site?

Thanks
Funny you should ask that.

I've been enjoying holsters from The Absaroka Kid for years now (mostly for North American Arms), and I got into a closer relationship where I started reviewing his work, since I love it so much, and posting online reviews. I suggested to him that he get a web site, but he didn't know much about that, so I said I would continue to get information about his holsters out there for him, including maintaining his holster business website.

So, I've gotten it partially developed, but it's not yet online. It will be soon. In the meantime, I'll probably get some pictures and a review of an belt holster and IWB holster for the 85/605, both of which I really like. The belt holster is formed to the gun and quite tight on my Ultra-Lite 85, so I'm sure it will NOT fit the Poly, but the IWB one is not formed, so as to not print inside the waistband, and it fits both. Let me see what I can do about getting some pictures of them. I highly recommend his work.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks MR_22, that is exactly what I need to know. Does "The Absoraka Kid" have a web site?Thanks
Here are some samples from The Absaroka Kid that will fit the Taurus 85 and 605. I would say that any that are not molded tight and don't have a hammer strap would fit the 2-inch Poly.

S w J Frame Half Bra Double Shroud by The Absaroka Kid | eBay
2" Charter Arms s w Model 34 36 60 Pocket Purse Holster by The Absaroka Kid | eBay

He has other designs as well. In fact, he can make about anything you want. Check out his eBay store and contact him if you need something slightly different. He has quick turnaround and excellent quality.You can also contact him via his business email at: [email protected]. Tell 'em NAA_Collector sent ya. :) I should have his website up and running soon.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Here are the two Absoraka Kid holsters that I got for my two Taurus 85's--one a white Protector Poly and the other an Ultra-Lite.

My Taurus 85 white Protector Poly zombie destroyer (the one with the green grips) now lives an Absaroka Kid IWB holster. I love how this holster rests so low under the waisteband, unlike most guns in IWB holsters. (You can get one like this similar on eBay, except mine has a drop-down belt loop and this one on eBay is a purse holster. See: 2" Charter Arms s w Model 34 36 60 Pocket Purse Holster by The Absaroka Kid | eBay)

My Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite is featured in a "Half Bra Double Shroud" Absaroka Kid belt holster. The strap was quite tight on my 85, but I was able to get it snapped. This is one sweet holster, but is for either open carry or while shooting at the range. (You can find one on eBay here: S w J Frame Half Bra Double Shroud by The Absaroka Kid | eBay ).

I HIGHLY recommend Absaroka Kid holsters. You can get his stuff on eBay from the above links (click on SEE OTHER ITEMS) or email him directly at: [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice guns and beautifully crafted holsters. Though I have to admit the exposed trigger kinda scares the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I know what you mean about the trigger. I didn't like it at first either. But I tried pulling the trigger while the gun was in the holster and I COULD NOT PULL IT at all. It will not budge. It's as if the cylinder is locked. Given that, I feel completely comfortable about the exposed trigger and actually kind of like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are some beautiful holsters! I talked to a local guy that did some other work for me and I will probably have him build another for the 605. I would forget about your guy thou.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I would forget about your guy thou.
Did you mean "would" or "won't"? LOL.Also, for others, keep in mind that since the 85 and 605 are basically the same size as the 94, so these holsters should work on those, too, as long as the barrel length fits. My snubby 85's are 2-inch, so the 2-inch .22LR version should fit.

·
21,931 Posts
Those are some good-looking holsters.

But I tried pulling the trigger while the gun was in the holster and I COULD NOT PULL IT at all. It will not budge. It's as if the cylinder is locked.
That's probably the friction between the cylinder and the leather. But I still wouldn't make one with an exposed trigger like that. Draw the holster under stress, accidentally let the muzzle cover your body, boom....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Those are some good-looking holsters.
That's probably the friction between the cylinder and the leather. But I still wouldn't make one with an exposed trigger like that. Draw the holster under stress, accidentally let the muzzle cover your body, boom....
Fair enough. I'm comfortable with it, so I'm satisfied. :)

You can have a negligent discharge no matter what type of holster you have. Everybody should be familiar with their firearms and holsters, including this one. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't quite understand how this forum website works. I do not see my post. I just purchased a Galco holster LCR paddle for a Ruger .38. It fit the .357 Poly nicely. Holsters are hard to find for this model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts