Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a concealed holster for my Taurus 605 357 Mag 2" barrel. I would like to have a IWB, but I am open to suggestions.
Thank You
JMP

·
Registered
878 Posts
The Bianchi Black widow is the best holster I have found for this gun. It carries so high that the bottom of the barrel is even with the bottom of your gun belt. Then all you need is a loose shirt for cover. It works just as well at concealment as any IWB I've tried and is loads more comfortable. I wrap the belt around the outside of the rig for extra support and to pull it closer to the body.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Bianchi Black Widow looks like the best of the lot that isn't IWB. Do you mind telling us what it cost? I really like the end of the barrel not protruding below the bottom of the belt. Makes it way more concealable. I also like your idea of threading the belt outside the holster for more support and it does appear to increase concealment.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Midway USA has them for $49.95. Nice thing about Midway is if you don't like it you can send it back. Below is a picture of my S&W 3in model 10 in a black widow. You can see how well it conceals.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks weird with the belt on the outside of the holster; however, I can see why it would be tucked in closer. Probably would not be so noticeable with a black holster.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Jkwas,... I like the Holster and the way your carrying your Gun... Seems like it would help alot to keep it from printing...<:))

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's worked out well for me. It's a top heavy rig, so the belt on the outside gives it that little extra support to keep it close. I ended up with the brown one because it was available at the time and I used a store credit to purchase it. When I use it I wear a cover garment so it's not a big deal. I think I will probably get a brown belt to match eventually.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was just wondering how top-heavy it was. Probably a bit more so with your Smith & Wesson than with the M605?

·
Registered
878 Posts
AZ605 said:
I was just wondering how top-heavy it was. Probably a bit more so with your Smith & Wesson than with the M605?
Wrapping the belt behind the holster required tightening the belt more than wrapping around the outside. Both methods work but outside works better. It's only top heavy in comparison to a lower riding rig, but not noticibly so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
the strap over the hammer, just i prevent you from performing a quick draw? like do you have to unfasten the strap before drawing the weapon?

·
Registered
878 Posts
The holster is designed for quick release. You just push on the tab with your thumb. Quick draw has never been a problem. It's well thought out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, i'm giving the black widow a try. luckily one of the online vendors has quite a stock of left handed holsters in stock. ordered it today and it's shipping today. best thing it's 25% of retail price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just received my black widow today and boy it is way more comfortable then my pt111 on it's don hume OWB. Best $40 i've spent.

·
Super Moderator
35,150 Posts
For high end quality leather, the best I own and have ever seen is from Mitch Rosen. Quality leather can insure comfort and security and get a belt to go with the gun.

I find myself mostly carrying in a pocket holster anymore, though. IWB is just not convenient for daily carry. When I head for the big cites of Texas, I will often carry a bigger gun IWB and my pocket 9 becomes back up and, then, I will often carry my M85UL on the ankle via Uncle Mikes ankle holster. If I have the NAA on me, too, that makes four. Should be enough. ROFL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts