Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a 4 inch ss Tracker 44. I am taking a trip to Wyoming MT and Idaho this summer and need a holster for this gun. As I am old and fat, comfort matters. I think a paddle holster or bandoler type might suite me but I would appreciate any help or advice you may offer. Thanks in advance -

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Don't give up too quick, the site seems a little slow tonight.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use a pancake holster for a 4" S&W Mod 66 with a thumb break retainer strap. It works well and holds the gun quite secure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just excited to get my gun and holster figured out for my time in bear country. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those look nice. How do you like it so far? Is it comfortable?
I'm actually still waiting for it. Most custom holster manufacturers have at least a 3 week lead time for manufacturing. There are a handful of companies that make their version of it. I liked theirs due to having nylon straps instead of bulky leather ones. If you google, "Taurus Tracker 44 4" chest holster" you'll find quite a few options. If you want a shoulder holster, there's nothing but options out there. For a big bore revolver holsters are usually going to be made for shoulder, chest or hip carry. I don't conceal carry my 44, I use it as a range toy but got the chest holster if I want to take it when I'm overlanding and not concerned about open carrying a large revolver on my front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope up you post up on here after you get yours. I like what I have seen and think I will end up with one.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hope up you post up on here after you get yours. I like what I have seen and think I will end up with one.
Mine came today. I ordered it on 2/1, it had a 3 week lead time, I got notice on 2/19 that it was shipping, and it came priority mail today. I ordered the dark brown version.

This is exactly as it is on the website. It was easy to slip on, but like all new things, takes a bit of time for sizing. I didn't spend a lot of time doing that tonight as I was going to take it off shortly. The holster itself is well made. It's also got a great new leather smell. I've got my M44 in it right now. Tight fit, new leather. I think I'm going to have to pull a bit on the strap to stretch it out some as the snaps aren't quite lining up, but that was expected. I think after a couple of weeks break in time this is going to be a fantastic holster.

Overall, I'm glad I bought it, and it's going to be great when I get to use it. It's comfortable, the straps don't rub on any bare skin for me, and the 45oz of the M44 isn't really felt at all. I think you'll like yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
try the Diamond D guides choice chest holster. Cant say enough good things about this holster and chest style of carry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts