Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for my 85 UL. Great quality and fit. Its very comfortable and light due to the UL 85. Added the in and out straps for IWB which I may never use but I have them. No printing inside of a non-tucked T-shirt. This is my 2nd attempt at getting something I liked.... I think it'll do.

Pics taken with a cell phone.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Congrats on the holster. Very nice. I'm needing one for my M85. I would like to hear back from you after you've worn it a couple of weeks and see if you are still happy with itl

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, nice looking holster -- it looks like it should conceal very well. May I ask how much you paid for it?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, nice looking holster -- it looks like it should conceal very well. May I ask how much you paid for it?
The holster was $45 plus $10 shipping. The in and out straps added another $15 for a grand total of $70.
The color choices were black, oxblood and tan. I opted for the tan telling Rob I liked a darker brown than the word "tan" implied. Evidently he chose something a bit darker from stock but the straps are what I call tan..... not a perfect match but who cares! I can find nothing ordinary about the workmanship or quality.... everything is better than I expected.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/silver-dollar-pancake/

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
How long was the wait from time of order until you received it?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How long was the wait from time of order until you received it?
26 days from placing the order until it arrived in my mail box. The web site says 3-4 week turn around... they shipping it 3 weeks and 1 day after ordering.

One other word about the IWB straps. It appears unless you order the straps with the holster it will not come with the holes drill for them. I'm not sure about this but there a pics on the website of holsters without the holes so if there is a chance you may want the straps at a later date.... order them with the holster now.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
26 days from placing the order until it arrived in my mail box. The web site says 3-4 week turn around... they shipping it 3 weeks and 1 day after ordering.

One other word about the IWB straps. It appears unless you order the straps with the holster it will not come with the holes drill for them. I'm not sure about this but there a pics on the website of holsters without the holes so if there is a chance you may want the straps at a later date.... order them with the holster now.
Thank you very much, I'm going to order one (with the straps as you did) for my 617SS2.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice looking holster, keep us informed on how you like it during and after break in.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After 4 days of wearing the holster around the house I have a few opinions.
Firstly is the width of the belt slots, most of my pants have belt loops narrower than the slots are wide causing me to sometimes having to skip a loop which causes the holster to droop. The loop spacing on my Wrangler jeans is such that I can wear the holster at the 2 or 4 o:clock position without having to skip a belt loop.

The holster is comfortable and beginning to loosen up forming to my body better than when it was new. With the lightness of the 85 UL and the reasonably small holster, weight and printing are not an issue. That was not the case with my Ruger SR40, it is heavy and bigger making the Cleveland Ugly holster I once had very difficult for me to be comfortable with. I have not tried the IWB straps yet and probably won't unless situations change.

The leather looks like old leather even tho it is new, kinda stained looking. I really like the color, it already looks like an old friend. I have yet to find a flaw in the workmanship or quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts