Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hands are big and I was disappointed that Taurus didn't at least have the option for their excellent grips they put on the 9mm and 40 cal gun....I purchased a Hogue wraparound grip and wrestled the thing onto my gun, with mixed results. Obviously the thing is designed for a Glock, and the paper insert even says so. The ergonomic grip of my 24/7 makes the rubber buckle toward the top of the wraparound grip, above the ergonomic hump on the back side. I was wondering if there is a better option from another vendor, or if I could possibly cut a 'V' into the back part of the wraparound to get it to lay down instead of buckle. I used the gun at the range and I can't even feel it - it lays down when I hold the gun - but just for cosmetic sake, if nothing else, I'd like to get options.....thanks for any feedback !!!

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
Another option is the Butler Creek Grip Sleeve. It lacks the characteristic "Bulge" the Hogue handalls have, but on my Series 88 TA90 and Taurus PT92, it's great where the Hogues are too big.

I would consider trimming the excess, but it has to be done smoothely without a V, as the bottom of that V would separate or run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts