Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anoyone has put the Hogue slip on gips on a Millenium Pro? It comes in 2 sizes, small and large. I bought the small ones and had a heck of a time getting them on my Mill. Pro, so much so that it actually tore. I then went to a store and looked at the big ones and they would need to be cut to fit the handle. Neither one specifies that they will fit the Mill. Pro. I'm wondering which one I should use? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I tried the larger of the two... since the smaller looked about right for a Kel Tec PA3. It is designed for a Glock... so yes, you will have to trim. I had found an article about smoothing the edges with a dremel soft brass brush... you can feather it down so it looks pretty good. However, when carrying, it just seems "sticky" against clothing. I realized my purpose was to make it easier to shoot at the range... and bought a weight glove.

The extra palm makes shooting my PT145 comfortable, and when I carry, I don't have anything that drags on clothing. Think about what you want to do with it?

·
32,497 Posts
Pachmayr has Slip on brand grips. #5 grips should fit the PT111 series and it looks like with less alteration. These are at www.pachmayr.com/pachmayr/gripfind.htm .

Might be worth a look.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Here is the Hogue slip on grips on the PT145

You can see the feathered edges... done with a soft brass brush with the grips on the gun. Be delicate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cimarron said:

You can see the feathered edges... done with a soft brass brush with the grips on the gun. Be delicate.
I tried the large Hogue slip-ons on my PT111 and it had a "bulge" (extra room) in the back. Does yours?

·
32,497 Posts
One little gee whiz item.

Putting a non petroleum lubricant on the inside of the Hogue or Pachmayr slip on grips can ease some of the effort to get that beast on the gun.

A few drops of dish soap, dry Ivory bar soap, or baby powder, thinly applied around the whole inside of the slip grip , can ease efforts to slide it on and into place. Takes care of the friction.

Other types of non petro lube can be used.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cimarron said:

is that the small size or the large/medium frame size, i have big hands and hoping that will make the grip thicker and more comfortable

·
Administrator
39,486 Posts
I've heard tell of folks fashioning their own slip on grips with bicycle inner tubes. Just clean off the white powder and have at. :zzz:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I used the Hogue handall jr. on my PT111. I used the 20in bicycle tube for my Keltec P3AT. I doubled up on the tube to get just the right thickness :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Heres my PT-145 with one on....except that it is made by Pachmyer. They feel great and I really like the finger grooves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are those the Pachmyr size 3 slip ons?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also use houge Jr. on my PT111. Try letting the grip sit in some hot hot water for a while. You will find it will be eaiser to get on.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
bwhit4 said:
I also use houge Jr. on my PT111. Try letting the grip sit in some hot hot water for a while. You will find it will be eaiser to get on.
I got one too! and the starting it on was tough, but patience and strong fingers and it went on with no lube, or sticky stuff to help!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Cimarron said:

If you want to modify the slip on's you can protect the gun grips.
If you cut up the package that the grips came in to slide between the slip on and the grip, you have less chance of damaging the grip of the gun. They make a nice shield.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got the small Handall for my PT111. At first I had doubts that it would fit. I put the grip out in the sun to expand/soften for about 30 minutes, and then worked it on without too much trouble.

·
Registered
76 Posts
jtodaro said:
Do they make any of them in Tan or OD?

jt
They do. I have an OD on my PT145. Will post pics later. To keep them from slipping, I wrapped on layer of co-adhesive tape around the grip. I then put the grip, which I had already trimmed, in hot water for a few seconds. I slipped the grip on careful not to bunch or roll the tape. It will hold it in place very well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts