Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
I LOVE the Hogues, fit well, index the draw well, point well for me. This is a personal preference, but they just work for me. I have a Pachmayr Gripper on the 4" and it's okay, but the Hogue I put on my 3" feels better. Mine are the older 6 shot 66s, but they'll fit the newer one.

I had a Hogue on my Ruger Security Six, put one on my M10 Smith and Wesson, have one on my 3" 66 that I carry occasionally, and have one on my Ruger SP101 which dramatically improved that little gun's ability to handle recoil, or my ability to handle it. LOL

I can't say the Hogues are "fatter" than originals, because the originals on my 66s were wood. They do feel good, all I can comment on there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guitar,
Yea, I don't know why the stock grips on Taurus revolvers are so skinny (like a piece of board) . I LOVE the Hogues, the rubber ones are thicker than the stock ones, and the fancy wood ones are really fatter (feel Nice, LOOK Very Nice). But both of the Hogues will expose the back strap of the handle frame.
But thats fine....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Today is 04/30/08, on Gunbroker.com in the pistol parts click taurus wood grips, see item #98272588, there are some nice wood grips that will fit your gun...only $19.95 so far.

TB C45

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
I don't like the wood grips that came on the older guns, feel odd for me. YMMV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just finished installing the Hogues. Adds just enough girth and the finger grooves are quite comfortable. Unfortunately Big Brown showed up too late for me to head to the range. That will have to wait until this weekend. Will report on the shooting comfort then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After all the rainy weekends, I finally had a chance to try out the grips. A world of
difference in comfort and controllabilty. Between the finger grooves and the rounder profile
the revolver sat more naturally in you hand allowing for easier sighting recoil control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts