Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone watch this series on TV? I found it on Netflix and had to watch it. I know some folks that hunt that way but I personally think I'll stick to firearms of large caliber and a close by tree.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I watch the show.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got these two last month ,one with a Kimber .243 bolt and the other with my M1 Garand
Thats a lot of bacon, tenderloin, chops and sausage not to mention the chitterlings, pickeled pigs feet, pickeled ears and hog jowls. Do you make use of it or give it away? Last time I got to hunt pigs I was in SC and the meat was given to chairty.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thats a lot of bacon, tenderloin, chops and sausage not to mention the chitterlings, pickeled pigs feet, pickeled ears and hog jowls...
Don't forget about those hog maws! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Scald the hair offen that critter an put it inna BBQ.....

Hick with jug.gif

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did anyone watch this series on TV? I found it on Netflix and had to watch it. I know some folks that hunt that way but I personally think I'll stick to firearms of large caliber and a close by tree.
I have seen this series and I have been honored to go on a few hunts in Ga with some fine marine veterans from wounded warriors, and we donated about 750lbs of choice cuts to a few homeless shelters in the Atlanta area in 2010. Its a major problem down there and most local farmers will often pay any hunter a finders fee of $100 to hunt them down and remove them from their properties. On my second hunt we used compound bows and it was so hard to get within 30-50 yrds to make the kill, these animals are pretty smart and they don't get to be 300lbs by being retarded. I made a heart shot at 65yrds and that pig still managed to run a 1/6 of a mile into some heavy thorns before he expired. I have seen a 44. Magnum and a 357 Sig not stop one of these things and many hog hunters I have met say anything short of a FMJ and a large bore gun will not stop these monsters. If I go again I am taking a box of 7.62 NATO and a Full Auto with me, because I really didn't like being even 65 yrds away from one....

If I can find the photos from the November 2010 hunt I will add them in this thread so you can see what a 450lb evil slab of furry fresh precooked bacon looks like...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thats a lot of bacon, tenderloin, chops and sausage not to mention the chitterlings, pickeled pigs feet, pickeled ears and hog jowls. Do you make use of it or give it away? Last time I got to hunt pigs I was in SC and the meat was given to chairty.
Most of it is in my freezer, smoked alot of them on New years eve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I watch it when I can catch it on. I hadn't seen it on Netflix, but I'm glad to have that tidbit of info for my next session of nothing to do!

I've never been much of a hunter, paper targets and tin cans mostly, but I would have no problem launching a round from the 45/70 toward these little menaces! I have friends in Florida that battle the wrath of them daily, not to mention a few friends in southern Alabama that regularly take 300+ hogs.

I was invited to come to south Alabama and go out with some of them was the main reason for the purchase of my Marlin 45/70 Government. Haven't gotten the time to go yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Those hogs are a terrible menace and moving north into Oklahoma now. I want to get one with my .44 mag some day.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I've never seen the show. Is that the hunt where they use bowie-sized knives to hunt wild boar? I can't believe that people actually do it!

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
Trying to find it but, I do not think that pic is real

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Man I don't think I could even stand to be in the yard with somebody frying bacon off a boar that size the smell and strong taste would be enough to queer anybodys appettite. JMHO!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts