Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Interesting post, ttg. But, a hundred grand for a gun with a tainted history? I think the guy is dreaming.

·
Administrator
39,745 Posts
I think I can live without that piece of history. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
35,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously I wouldn't either - I was perusing Gunbroker and the price jumped out at me - I expected to see a functioning howitzer, or Adolf Hitler's personal 9mm, or something like that......the price just jumped out at me.

·
Administrator
35,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geez LEO, if you can afford that, why aren't you on the Glock site like all the other rich guys? :p

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Long Ago LEO said:
Pointless discussion, gentlemen, because I just bought it.
Do me a favor LAE and take that nice boat of yours out for a spin and dump that piece if iron in one of Minnesota's 10,000 lakes. :)

[Edit] BTW, did anyone else notice one of the documents says the gun was "DESTROYED"?

To put things into perspective, how much would one of the guns in one of John Wayne's movie fetch? IMO, they would be much more desirable. And yet, I doubt they would bring $100,000.[/Edit]

·
Registered
250 Posts
texastaurusguy - Touche! Slay me... so TRUE!

VegasGuy - Man, that'd be one spendy anchor, too! Speaking of the boat, I'd have splashed that thing by now, but we gotta' hop a plane to Vegas Sunday morning and will get back early Friday. Then... we get serious about moving back onto the ol' tub (assuming I can still afford to). :eek:

(FWIW: It was 78-degrees yesterday and now they're calling for snow in the Metro this weekend; probably more up in my neck of the woods. This spring has been SCREWED UP so far.)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Long Ago LEO said:
we gotta' hop a plane to Vegas Sunday morning and will get back early Friday. Then... we get serious about moving back onto the ol' tub (assuming I can still afford to). :eek:
I am wishing you good fortune on your trip here and that you return home a winner! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I would think that a museum somewhere would snatch up that gun. Or some rich guy with nowhere else to spend his money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts