Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently inherited this gun and finally had a chance to shoot it yesterday. First thing that struck me right away was the overall size. This gun is much larger than the 2 9mm that I normally shoot. That includes the grip size. Next thing I noticed right away was that the sights seemed dark and small. Didn't get to spend a lot of time with it and only fired about 40 rounds thru it. Just didn't find it as comfortable as my Taurus PT92C or even my Full size metal Witness 45acp.

Next trip to the range I will bring it along again and try and shoot more.

·
Administrator
17,799 Posts
My condolences for your loss! :(

The H&K VP9 is a very nice Pistol with a good reputation for feed reliability, accuracy, and for most, ergonomics. It's a far different Pistol than your Taurus PT92C and .45 Witness, but don't let that put you off of it.
A lot of times we get so used to the ergonomics of what we have had, that we have a hard time of adjusting to something new and very different.
Spend some more time with just the H&K VP9, and you'll probably adjust to it.

For myself, I know that when I've spent time in my carry rotation with one particular handgun, it can be hard to adjust to the next one.

Here''s a review of the H&K VP9:

Side note on the H&K VP9 is that it did not fare too well on the Youtube Military Arms Channel Mud and Water Tests, but then again, a lot of good pistols don't.

·
8,532 Posts
The VP9 is an excellent pistol. It was the most accurate striker gun I have shot. However , for me it was the trigger guard that made me sell it off. Like the Glock trigger guards, my trigger finger would get bruised by rubbing on the bottom shelf of the guard. The VP9 goes one torturous step further and put a beveled relief cut into the bottom shelf, and the edges of that bevel just made the finger bruising worse.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
:nopics:

Reactions: Ironmagz

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have shot 100+ rds from the H&K VP9. Found it very comfortable to shoot and accurate enough in my limited time with it. Trigger pull is a bit longer than most striker fired pistols I own. Only shot it during the day so didn't get to really test the night sights.

Not a gun I would own however. Had to deal with H&K's horrible customer service in the past with a different H&K handgun. Will never buy or recommend another.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
HK builds a tough gun, no doubt about that, but they have never really appealed to me that much...neither does their price tags.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
For me, the ergonomics of the VP9 are spot on, it's tough and dependable.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gun came to me at no cost so no complaints. I will have to try and shoot this again when I do not feel so rotten. Right now this dang cold is progressing instead of getting better.

Reactions: downrange
1 - 8 of 8 Posts