Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Hit a milestone

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
I was looking at my spreadsheet, and I went over 10,000 handgun rounds loaded since I started reloading in 2012. Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you reload 100 or 200 at a time, it takes a while to add up. I'm sure some people here have hundreds of thousands of rounds through their press, but I'll get there!

#2 ·
I have saved most every sleeve from the primers that I have used....kind of weird I know. One of these days I'll count them and maybe wallpaper a room with them. :cool:

#5 ·
well if you can tell us what brand of primer that you use we can help you figure out what size room that you can wall paper with the primer sleeves.----

Reactions: muddcatt54
#3 ·
I'm loading only slightly at a faster rate. I don't have an exact number but, if I had to take a conservative guess, I'd be somewhere around 3,000 and I'm coming up on my second full year of reloading. There are lots of people that load more, I'm sure.

#4 ·
OH my goodness!
I shoot on average between 8-10,000 rounds per year of centerfire, have been doing that for several years.
I have been reloading for about 40 years now, but took off a couple years of reloading.
and I use to shoot a lot more rifle than pistol so the number in the early years wasn't near that high.
I dunt have a clue how much I have reloaded or shot .

#13 ·
My history is similar. I don't have an accurate count but I'm certain I've passed the 100,000 mark. Not that it matters much. Of course loading 1,000 rounds on the Dillon ain't no big thing.

#8 ·
It was when I branched out from shooting .38 Special to 45 ACP that I got interested. It is often said that there's no cost saving, just more ammo to shoot, but I figure out that I paid off the 300.00 bucks for my initial investment of equipment in about 6 or 9 months.

It is a hobby separate from shooting and very relaxing and rewarding that you know as long as you have stock of primers, powder and projectiles you can keep shooting despite the ammo shelves going bare.

#7 · (Edited)
I've loaded since around 1978 for rifles and I started reloading pistol rounds about four years ago and when I go to the Range I like to shoot a lot but have no idea how many I know right now I have between there and four thousand loaded up right now some are loads to be tested like most of my 230 grain 45s but most are loads that I know how will shoot its an on going process of trying to find that sweet spot for a particular projectile and a particular load of powder.
I bought two nice Plano ammo boxes a few weeks back for storage and those filled up fast I need one dedicated box for each caliber as range boxes
Saving primer box tops sounds like a plan

#15 ·
He-He-He--exactly!
I ran like 7,000 rounds through my CZ P-01 in about 6-8 months, and had a new CZ SP-01 that I was breaking in at the same time!
yea I am a sick puppy!
I just refer to the addiction as persistence!------

#11 ·
Some of you guys shoot way more than my allowance from the wife will afford me! :rofl:

#12 ·
You need to scout free lead and start casting!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.