Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to thing HiPoints were ugly. I came across this thread that changed my mind. Of course you have to remember I own some glocks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think you will be impressed with the customization these guys have done.

C9 custom jobs - Hipoint Firearms Forums

An example:

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Reactions: VILLAGE and jonrjen

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I cut my teeth on a c-9 with custom work. Their site is as nice as it is here. I learned allot over there and went to extremes with mine. I screwed up my barrel jeweling it sent it back and Hi Point sent me a new one no questions asked and no charge.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You wouldn't paint up a $600 Beretta now would you? Thats one reason why Hi Point has such loyal fans, we can customize them and make them unique, without feeling guilty about it.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
I kind of like it. I have given some thought as to trying the Dura Coat process. Maybe the HiPoint needs to be pulled out and sprayed down. There really is no way to make it any uglier than that of the factory black block it is. Makes me wonder if a simple two tone finish may have resulted in more people being open to the purchase of a HiPoint pistol. I mean a number of newbies purchase off of looks and price anyway rather than fit, function, accuracy, warranty, dependability. The HiPoint pistol offers all but one of these at a very low entry price....I love my HiPoint, but even I'll say it is one ugly pistol. But ugly is only skin deep.

Another thing about HiPoint that has surprised me, is how many people talk poorly about the pistol yet rave about the carbine version rifle. Say What!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 1st gen. carbine (love it) and will add a C9 at some point. It's all about the bang for the buck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This was my customized c9, the only reason i don't have it us because a friend offered to trade his Henry 22 repeater for it.couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey Celt - if Hipoint shipped them looking like that there would be a lot more out there! Nice work.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Other than the slip on grip, I just sanded and polished, probably have a half hour in it. It wouldn't take much, but if they can keep the price low and the warranty active, good enough. Besides, if they looked better the gun snobs would drive up the price!

Thanks by the way.

·
Super Moderator
14,009 Posts
I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that when you strip the coating off the slide like that you have to be sure to protect the bare metal, as it is prone to corrosion. (Darned if I can remember where I read that, though.) What did you use to polish/protect the exposed metal? I think I'll do the same on my 45.

Reactions: celt

·
Registered
340 Posts
It does discolor. I just kept polishing it. You could however get some rattle can clear coat from the hobby shop. Just make sure to degrease it well. Mask off the rest of the slide and apply one light coat. Let that dry well and apply one medium wet coat. That's what I was going to do but traded for the Henry. I used 180 grit paper on a hard sanding block followed by 320 grit. Then rubbing compound. Of course i work in a bodyshop so the cost for me was zilch.
Should be able to do it for about ten dollars though.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Just goes to show that there are fans of anything. They are fugly but other than that I have nothing against them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts