Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have a jhp .45 Hi-point all I can say is over 500 rounds through no ftf or jams and very accurate I use it as my bedstand gun.

jhp 45.jpg

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
They are hideously ugly though. Its like saying "That girl can perform like a supermodel but she has the face the face of a horse".
I cannot decry the accuracy and indeed a bedside gun is an excellent usage for it.
But I cannot get past the LOOKS! It is as if Ford resurrected the Edsel designers and asked them to make a gun ....

Reactions: centaur70

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well heh opinions vary.

Reactions: lonestarbandit

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I cant believe it WOW!!! I sold all my hipoints years ago at cost I did not turn a profit and I did not loose money on them.....Who would have thought.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
The lgs here has a 189 dollar price tag (nib) on a c9...

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
I wonder just how many gun snobs are quietly adding the High Points to their collections? The guns are reasonably priced, and go bang without fail. They are also pretty accurate. Back in 2010 Pat Cascio, a writer for American Hangunner, checked out a series of .380 pistols. He looked at the Ruger LCP, the Walther PPK, the Bersa .380, and a couple of others. Of them, the High Point was the second most accurate. In fact, he liked them so much that he bought a pair of them.
Yeah, and you can always throw them at the threat if they don't shoot or build a house with them . . .

Sorry, let that one slip . . .

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Everything is scarce. I have more handguns than two LGS I stopped in today. And, in my favorite calibers, I have more ammo.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Is it true that high points have problems feeding hollowpoints?
I can't speak for the other firearms in the Hi-Point line up. My JHP45 (pistol) and 4595TS (carbine), have no issues with hollow point ammunition.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is it true that high points have problems feeding hollowpoints?
The 9mm C9 always had feeding issues with HP's, but there's a very simple work around and there's several pages dedicated to it on the HiPointTalk Forum. Polish the feed ramp will fix it. My JHP .45 never had any issues with HP's.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My .45 has no problems with hollow point ammo. cant speak for the other calibers but since they are all made virtually the same I would think they would be ok as well.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive had a c9 and jhp .45 and paid 150 each. all I can say is, ...ugly ugly ugly, cheap cheap cheap, reliable reliable reliable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a C-9 and two 995 carbines. All three run without any problems and the carbines are a lot of fun. I would like to have a .45 carbine but not at the prices people are asking for them today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took my hi point 40jcp out today to gun range it was not very accurate but i got the sites finally tuned in and hitting the 8 inch round targets from 25 yds. Im happy but my 9m S&W still out shoots it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the C9 and the 40. Love them both.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2,400 rounds through my old c9 and never had an issue. I did end up polishing the feed ramp and a ton of other pieces but it wasn't due to failure lol. I sold it to a good friend to buy my 740. He's put another couple hundred rounds through it no issues. I used every kind of ammo on the market, new and reloads, no FTF or FTE. I'd say that there are bad reviews out there for them but then look at the 740 reviews or the ruger lc9 reviews. Most people who think these guns aren't worth the money, have never in fact owned one.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts