Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiPoints handguns, two months ago there were 70 some odd pages of them on Gunbroker, there is absolutely ZERO HP Handgun listings today..lol. That's somewhat funny and scarey at the same time. Wonder what I'd get for my HiPoint .45ACP? Nahhh, I started out with HiPoints, three of them. A HP C9 which I did sell and a 995TS carbine and HP .45 which I'm keeping.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
May have to check sold prices just to see what's up. None is pretty amazing. Just watched a 709 7 rd mag sell on eBay for $78.25.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I'll whip out my 995 if SHTF, gotta have another gun that always goes bang while the AK is being reloaded. :guns:

Reactions: Keith4001r

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Sounds about right to me given the current state of affairs that has created a run on guns and ammo. The Hi-Point platform is priced right for people wanting to be armed but not wanting/able to spend too much on protection. The carbine rifles are even harder to find right now. You had better hang on to your 995TS, vonzipper. I love the one I got for Christmas and now all the guys here at work are scrambling trying to find one. There are 6 guys here actively looking since seeing mine and not one has come across one yet in an affordable price range. They have found some for double the price, and even they are few and far between.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm glad I bought 5 mags for my 809 back in the spring! Hell, 2 are unopened... I could sell them and finance the shotgun I want!

Everywhere I go online, pretty much everything is sold out. I might need to focus on shotguns and large caliber revolvers since everything else will be impossible to get.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Buds has 1 model for sale - the 40S&W with laser. That's it.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I wonder just how many gun snobs are quietly adding the High Points to their collections? The guns are reasonably priced, and go bang without fail. They are also pretty accurate. Back in 2010 Pat Cascio, a writer for American Hangunner, checked out a series of .380 pistols. He looked at the Ruger LCP, the Walther PPK, the Bersa .380, and a couple of others. Of them, the High Point was the second most accurate. In fact, he liked them so much that he bought a pair of them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Point C9 was my first handgun and I still have it. I am always amazed when I do take it to the range the groups I get with it...

·
Registered
526 Posts
The only real thing I cant get past Hipoints is the 3ft tall slide....its so unbearably ugly to me I could never buy one. If I couldnt afford anything else though I certainly would over nothing. They arent the jamming exploding guns people make them out to be. If you use the right ammo they are pretty reliable and indeed pretty accurate.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I own a JHP45 pistol & a 4595TS carbine. For under $490, I have a pistol & carbine with magazine & ammo compatibility. While neither of them would be my first choice for defense, I wouldn't hesitate to use either of them. I own several firearms, and I'm not a gun snob.

The biggest kick I get out of owning a Hi-Point is showing up the individuals that think buying an expensive firearm somehow compensates for lack of skill. Setting up in my lane, I pulled out my Hi-Point. The guy the next lane over, who had a high-end Kimber, saw my Hi-Point and gave me this look of derisive pity.

The guy is shooting a target set out at 7 yards. His shot placement is all over the place. I've seen shotgun patterns that were tighter. I send my target out to 7 yards and proceed to shoot a 1.5" group with the Hi-Point. The look on that guy's face was priceless. Over the electronic muffs I hear him mumbling that he's calling Kimber because something has to be wrong with his gun.

I get an idea. I start talking to the guy. I pretend to fawn over his Kimber, and ask to shoot it. Put out the target to 7 yards, and shoot a 1.5" group. I offered to give him a few pointers, but he declined. Oh well. LMAO.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think people are grabbing whatever they can afford right now with all the scare going on. The positive I see in all of this is that if it brings lots more new enthusiasts into the shooting realm, then that will pretty much be the final nail in the anti-gunners' coffin. Imagine trying a gun grab if 50% of the population or more own firearms.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
The local TexasGunTrader had a HiPoint .45 listed NIB for only $200...unreal for a $135 pistol that no body will admitt to owning.

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Once more I'll add testament to owning a Hi-Point. I have a JHP 45 that has proven to be stone-cold reliable, as long as I don't limp wrist the heavy brick-of-a-gun in the slightest. Accurate as all get-out, too, as I've said before...I used it to qualify for my CC license and scored 100%.

(I've become almost as eager to state the pros of Hi-Point 45s, as MilProGuy is for PT 145s!)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with a hi-point if I could find one. Local sites used to have them quite often but not anymore. They are getting very hard to find.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Hipoint in .45acp as a 'truck gun'. That ugly thing does shoot though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
evenHad a c9, nothing wrong with it. Matched a guy at the range plate for plate. He had some expensive looking gun with a blue c9windscreen. He even had the little beeper to tell him when to shoot. Then i think he got mad cuz he went to shooting all six plates rapid fire. I'm nit that good. Made me laugh though. If you know your weapon your deadly. The lgs has a brand new c9 for189! I bought the feg instead. I can't tell you how many arguments I've been in on the inter Web because i had a hi point and it was a9mm...gun snobs...pppppttttttt!

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Shoot I remember when hi points went for under $100.

Reactions: lonestarbandit
1 - 20 of 42 Posts