Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Hints or Tips for M62R-SS Pump .22

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Stan in SC 
#1 ·
I have a Rossi Model 62... which is identical to the Taurus M62R-SS. It is a cute little gun and a replacement for the original Winchester M62 that I talked my father into selling when I was a kid because I really wanted a .22 with a "cool" scope.

The front sight on these guns is an odd sized... larger than the 3/8" standard. It's been a while since I've messed with the front sight, so one of these days I will have to get my micrometer out to measure the dovetail.

Has any one else learned tips on working with these little guns?

#2 ·
I have the Rossi version as well. Purchased it several years ago and unfortunately, my sidearms have taken precedence while the poor little Rossi dies of loneliness. :(

As I recall, it breaks down for easy transport and was a lot of fun to shoot. Even though it certainly wasn't fired very much.

Now, I'll have to dig it out of the safe and rekindle our relationship. :eek: ;D

Sorry, but as we speak, I don't know ant "tips" about this specific weapon at all.

g19erusa

#3 ·
They are fun to shoot. I got one for my son 3 years ago it is the Taurus M62 C version. I put bulk box rounds through it and clean the barrel about every 500 rounds or so. My son will put over 300 round in a weekend and never miss a beat.

Just shoot it and enjoy!!!

#6 ·
Hello, new to the forums and I have a question. I've been an admirer of the '62 22 pumps for years and finally getting around to buying one. It'll be a 22 mag. What if any is the Rossi connection to the Taurus M62/72? I've read that they're actually still the same Rossi rifle. Is that important? I want stainless and choices are....... This will be my first Taurus and I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. Any help, advice or comments are welcomed. Thanks in advance, Lee....

#8 ·
QUOTE: "I have a Rossi Model 62... which is identical to the Taurus M62R-SS. It is a cute little gun and a replacement for the original Winchester M62"

I have the 62C or 16" carbine model of this gun that I bought in the mid 1980's for my kids to learn on.

The quickest way to "slick-em-up" is buy many bricks of ammo and shoot the snob out this litter critters.

The just get slicker and smoother as the years go by! ;)

MOONDAWG

#9 ·
Ditto what Moondawg said.I bought a Rossi model 62 gallery length in 1989.Now almost 20 years later it is still in excellent condition and shoots very accurately and functions 100%.I've NEVER had any problem of any kind with the rifle.It has taught three grand kids how to enjoy shooting safely and enjoyably.I've personally used it for squirrel hunting and for a light and handy carry-in-the-woods weapon.
When I bought it I paid $150 including tax for it.That was a goodly amount in 1989.
Early on I discovered that if you hold the trigger back and just pump it that it will fire very rapidly but not very accurately.
This is one rifle I would never consider getting rid of.

Stan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.