Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You never expect to see a vicious wild animal while in the woods, until you do. Could you imagine how fast your heart would be racing? A video recently going viral captures a cougar for nearly six minutes on video, on a trail in Utah.

“I thought I was done for,” Kyle Burgess posted on Instagram about his intense cougar encounter on Saturday in Slate Canyon, near Provo, Utah.

Kyle is said to be a seasoned hiker and has come across cougar cubs before while on a trail run, and even mentions how their mother was not happy to see them in past encounters.

Hiker Encounters Cougar, Terrifying 6-Minute Chase Caught On Video | That Oregon Life

The full video, f-bombs included, is available in the linked article above.

If you want a TA family friendly shortened edit of the encounter, go here:

Reactions: hombre243

·
21,958 Posts
"Seasoned hiker." Apparently the cougar thought so. Apart from not having a pistol with him, he did pretty well, honestly.

Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wow, I've watched that several times. He kept his head, literally and figuratively.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
He did just what she wanted ....... 'back off'. ....... Like any 'momma', she would die if needed.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It appears she did not consider him prey, as she did not attack and at a certain point it appears she decided that that was far enough and it was time to get back to the cubs. ....... Not a 'seasoned hiker' here, but as a 'seasoned brain owner' I would probably conclude that it might be wise to 'run' in some other area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts