Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered this version of the High Noon Holster... the Hidden Ally. An IWB with a "tuckable" capability which helps you gun disappear.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I ordered the one with cant last night. It should be here by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The major benefit is that you can tuck your shirt in... business dress or casual... and with a little "blousing" at the pants top of your shirt... your gun disappears. I've had no problem with "printing" since the width of the holstler in your pants hide it and there is little at the top. And since it works fine for an IWB holster... you get two for the price of one.

I debated on the cant... and not sure... about the only advantage I have found is that since the grip is parallel to your belt it seems to be less likely to print than with the grip up at the 15 degree angle... but then... that may just be my justification. Actually I'd like to compare the two, but a guy can only spend so much on holsters... and I bought 5 before I got this one! If anyone wants to make a contribution I'd LOVE to write a comparative review!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: High Noon Holster...For M85 ??

Does anyone have the Hidden Ally for a revolver?
I'm considering getting one for my 85SSUL. I would love to see a picture of this holster with a revolver and hear comments and opinions.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the comparable holster with the 15deg cant for my PT-111. I have noticed that it does tend to print a little more than I thought it would, and I do think it is due to the cant. (Of course, this is the only holster I've bought for it, so I don't have a baseline for how others print.)

Not only does the grip jutting out tend to print under my shirt, but the cant also causes the barrel end to print on my 'cheek'. Obviously,this is fairly easily remedied by sliding it further around the back, but I'd prefer it closer to the side then so close to the small of my back.

I should also note that I haven't bought a completely new wardrobe, and haven't tried fairly heavy shirts. (I've yet to get my CHL, so wearing it has been relegated to around the house so I get comfortable with it for when I do get my CHL ;) )

I've been contemplating getting the one w/o cant anyway.

·
6,541 Posts
I think I would benefit from a little more cant. I wear jeans an inch bigger than what I had before, and a t shirt with an over button up shirt. I can conceal it just fine with that. It will print a little if it's sitting more straight than I prefer, but if I tilt it a little more, it hides better. This is especially the case with just a t shirt on.

·
32,582 Posts
Pardon the pun. Some cant and some can. Like the forward cant. Easier to reach the pistol and get a definite grasp when pulling it out of the holster. Some however have more angle than others. ;D

·
Registered
876 Posts
How is this for one-handed reholstering? I see that the next model up costs 2X as much?

Tman

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These aren't designed for a LEO on or off duty. For a concealed carry... once you pull that sucker, reholstering it is the least of your worries!

·
6,541 Posts
It's not bad really ... but it's not something you want to do on a regular basis. If it's a true carry holster though, you shouldn't need to be reholstering much.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ordered the High Noon Hidden Impact this evening.

Tman

·
Registered
876 Posts
KaiGywer said:
"Our current manufacturing window is about 12 to 15 weeks"

That's crazy
That'w why I bought a $14.00 Uncle Mike's IWB for my 745. It'll do til mine comes. I'm left handed so I never expect holsters to be ready to ship for me.

As for comfort. I was a little iffy about "appendix" carry, but have found that it is very comfortable and there is less printing than I thought there would be.

The big problem I'm having right now is that the 745 is mag-heavy and the holster wants to tip outward from the top. I find myself readjusting it more than I'd like. Is that a belt issue, or cheap holster issue? or a comination?

tman

·
6,541 Posts
I noticed this to with looser jeans. I started wearing a belt (before was beltless) and it helped TREMENDOUSLY.

Did I strett tremendous enough. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts