Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was mostly concerned about its retention qualities. Everything else seems like it fits the bill- tuckable, low ride, single clip, etc. Just wanted to hear from someone who owns one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2 one fot my tauris 9 mm and one for my kel tec pf9, no problems with retention of the sidearm, just need to watch the metal rataining clip for the belt. It works up over the belt sometimes whenI carry the heavier tauris. I need to have a really good belt on, the keltec is so light I forget I have it with me.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've got a High Noon Mr Softy and two Bare Assets, and they're all good holsters. Retention isn't a problem with any of them - your belt does most of the work. They're made out of good quality albeit thin leather, and I like it that way. I don't want any more than I absolutely have to have between me and my belt, and High Noon holsters are some of the overall thinnest you'll find.

If there's a slam against them it's one-handed holstering. They tend to close up when the pistol is withdrawn, but with a little practice you should be able to reholster one-handed. They also take a little break in, and tend to be very tight when new. If you wrap your pistol in some of the plastic from the packaging, and leave it in the holster over night, it will usually have loosened up by morning.

Good holsters at a very good price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies. It'll be for a Kahr CM9, so not too much weight. The clip ride up issue sounds a bit worrisome. Is that an issue with that particular holster, or is that something to watch for on all single clip holsters?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I appreciate the replies. It'll be for a Kahr CM9, so not too much weight. The clip ride up issue sounds a bit worrisome. Is that an issue with that particular holster, or is that something to watch for on all single clip holsters?
I carry my Kahr CM9 in my High Noon Mr Softy at about the 12:30 position. Never had problem one with the clip. It's got a hook on the bottom, and it's got quite a bit of spring tension too. I could see having issues if you weren't wearing a belt or your belt was too wide, but clipped over a belt it's not going anywhere. My other two High Noon's have the same kind of clip and I've never had any of them come loose.

I've got tuckable holsters, but I never tuck them. With the Kahr I just leave my shirt untucked and it totally disappears in an appendix carry. I do always make sure I've got a t-shirt between me and the gun because the Mr Softy doesn't have an extended piece of leather on the 'back' side, and without a t-shirt some of the metal on the slide will be against your skin. They make holsters with backing pieces, but their much more expensive holsters, and for me a t-shirt works just fine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The best holster I have found for forget-it-is-there comfort 24/7 with my CM9 is the PJ IWB Holster. There are so, so many members here that will concur. Paul is a great guy and a real gun lover, and he performs magic with kydex - making the holster incredibly comfortable to where you can't tell it is there whether sitting, standing or moving about. It is like the mass of the gun disappears, becoming one with your body. I carry mine with a 15° cant just behind my hip - the sweet spot. I prefer the linked one with the over the belt clip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts