Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their Novak sights with the Hi-Viz TR2211-G night sights? I'm debating these or going with a Novak night sight set. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Are the Hi-Viz sights the one that one needs to recharge them with a flashlight or light?

If so, they're useless to me IMHO. Trituimn or MeProlights are the way to go.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Are the Hi-Viz sights the one that one needs to recharge them with a flashlight or light?

If so, they're useless to me IMHO. Trituimn or MeProlights are the way to go.
No. The HiViz are fiber optic 'tubes'.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Has anyone replaced their Novak sights with the Hi-Viz TR2211-G night sights? I'm debating these or going with a Novak night sight set. Thanks.
I went with the Meprolights from Optics Planet. If I ever get the ALR I've been looking for, I'd like to try the HiViz.

·
Banned
893 Posts
they are just as good as any of the more expensive name brand sights, I dont have them on my taurus but have them on all my glocks 4 sets.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
No. The HiViz are fiber optic 'tubes'.
Ok, the fiber optic tubes I do like because they are more visible to use during the day time. I haven't seen what they look like at night, but correct me if I am wrong too, but the fiber optic tubes don't glow in the dark for long periods either..right?

I have Meprolights on XD and they're always visible.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Ok, the fiber optic tubes I do like because they are more visible to use during the day time. I haven't seen what they look like at night, but correct me if I am wrong too, but the fiber optic tubes don't glow in the dark for long periods either..right?

I have Meprolights on XD and they're always visible.
I'll soon have some hands-on experience (Hopefully, this weekend), and post some pics. The tubes do not 'glow' at all in the dark, unless you have TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) that includes the tritium insert, that will work same as a regular 'night sight'. The fiber optics should be more visible than the standard sight at comparable ambient light levels, but it kinda seems to me that if it is so dark that you can't see it, you shouldn't be shooting. :D

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I went the HiViz route, but I only replaced the front sight, leaving the rear alone. I really like the setup and I went with this sight Amazon.com: HiViz 1911 Interchangeable Fiber Optic Front Sight: Sports & Outdoors which allows you to swap out the fiber optic piece for whichever color best suits your needs. I usually keep a green piece in there and my eyes literally leap to my front sight as it really stands out now. In complete darkness it becomes invisible like most anything else, but if there is any good source of light it really does light up a bright neon green for your eyes to easily grab hold of. Works equally well indoors or out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts