Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I ran with Cimarron's idea of putting Browning hi power front sight on my 24/7. I took it a bit further though. I actually cut the fiber optic portion of the sight off of the dovetail with a dremel tool. I then ground down the top of the dovetail portion so it would be a bit below the level of the slide. I then shimed using an old gap blade. I then jb welded the fiber optic portion back to the dovetail portion of the sight. I painted the exposed metal black and that was it. Final product sits flush on top of the slide and gives me the type of sight view I wanted. I then painted the top edge of the back sight flourescent orange for contrast. I hope this all makes sense. I went to the range with it today and am extremely happy with the finished product. My camera is terrible but I snaped a few pics anyway.
Harry

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks good. If you don't mind me asking: I have a post out there on ammo. I put 100rds of Blazer .40 165gr tmj through my gun and it seemed to be all over the paper. This was the first rounds to be shot in the gun as it is new. Is that normal or should i be using the 180gr? Also those sight's are hard to figure out. My gun is a pt 24/7 pro .40

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not care for the sights that came with the gun. That is why I chose to modify the front sight. I now have a ( in my opinion ) much better sight picture. I was not happy with my accuracy using the straight eight sights. My set up now is more like a six o'clock set of sights. I am getting pretty tight groups with this setup but I have to admit my groups were getting ok with the original setup, just did not like them. With practice I am sure you can get better accuracy out of your gun. As for ammunition I am loading 170gr semi-wadcuters and having good results. I also have shot magtech, winchester, and remington with similar results. I really do not think the ammo is an issue. I was hitting the little circles that come with the targets that show green when you hit them at about 15 yards. I guess they are about 1 inch in diameter, so the gun is plenty accurate. I personelly think the straight eights leave a lot to be desired.
Harry

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm going to fire some more rounds through it this weekend. I think i will try the 180gr and see what happens. Thanks for the help, and again the gun looks good!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Any news(new products) on changing to 3dot sights on MP145, other than Wilson 367D,wich I here are good but require some "innovative installation" I have shoot over 1200 rds. with "8" sites and want to go with something else. Thank Ye Kindly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.