Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went home early from work today because it was raining so took the wife with me and went looking for hi point carbine in .45. We hit 5 different pawn shops/gun shops and didn't find a single hi-point carbine in any caliber. We only have one real gun shop within 30 miles and they were gun snobs when I asked. "You don't want a hi-point, they're garbage." Came back home frustrated and empty handed.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Only people that would call a HI-POINT Carbine " Garbage ", would be someone that has never shot one. I have owned 2. I currently have the 4595 TS. I have shot it ALOT. Not one issue, ever. I have an AR that cost nearly 5 times as much, & although it has been reliable, there have been issues.
Get one on line if you have to. But remember to buy lots of ammo, & some extra mags.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
So I went home early from work today because it was raining so took the wife with me and went looking for hi point carbine in .45. We hit 5 different pawn shops/gun shops and didn't find a single hi-point carbine in any caliber. We only have one real gun shop within 30 miles and they were gun snobs when I asked. "You don't want a hi-point, they're garbage." Came back home frustrated and empty handed.
I almost bought one myself today at my LGS, it had a scope, rails and front vertical grip OTD $325.00. Wife would have been a tad ticked as a new fridge is in order not a new toy....

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I recently met some brand new shooters at the gun range, they are family of a acquaintance, in a matter of minutes they were hitting sticky notes @ 10 yards with my 4595. I know that's not too far, but a new shooters get spooked when a target is too far. Man do they get thrilled when they can hit a 3 inch by 3 inch target at 30 feet with a 45acp round. :cool:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
None of those around this area anymore. I want the wife to be able to put her hands on one before I drop the cash so I'm trying to avoid online.
Florida is gun-show heaven these days, compared to a lot of places. You might have to drive a little, but there were shows in...

Fort Meyers, Panama City, Labelle, Vero Beach, and Melbourne on the 7th and 8th at each place. There were shows in Miami, Arcadia, West Palm Beach, Lakeland, and Greenville on the 14th and 15th in each place. There will be shows in Fort Lauderdale and Fort Walton Beach on the 21st and 22nd. And there will be shows in Kissimmee and Eustis on the 28th and 1st.

Greenville would have been the closest to you probably, but the one coming up in Eustis isn't too bad for a weekend trip. There will be March shows in DeLand, Tallahassee, Jax twice, Orlando, Sebring, Cocoa Beach, and a host of places farther south.

Seems strange that there aren't more shows in the middle of the state north between Orlando and the state line; that's where a lot of the folks who'd attend gun shows reside.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Once you lock your hands on a Hipoint carbine you will have a smile on your face that will not wipe off..:D

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
My replacement stock will be here Thursday. I bought mine used off Armslist

·
Registered
81 Posts
Once you lock your hands on a Hipoint carbine you will have a smile on your face that will not wipe off..:D
Wow, I'll say they're great carbines.

Now if you're a gun anal clean freak they're a little cumbersome taking them down but if you just spray the action down with some brake cleaner and run a bore snake through it every few hundred rounds they're good to go forever.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I really thought a lot about what kind of long gun was going to add to my handgun collection. Looked at the AR and AK platforms and was sorely tempted to jump on the bandwagon. Knowing that the "black guns" would always be a target of the LEFT, I went with pistol caliber carbine. With 5.56 ammo on the ATF banned ammo list, you have to wonder how that will work out. I don't need a battle gun. I need a gun to keep people beyond handgun distance. With the increase in control, FPS and accuracy, the HiPoint was what I got, in the .40 cal. I have a 10 round mag in the well and two more 10 round mags on the butt.

Get the caliber you like and have fun. Accurate out of the box and able to take some accessories.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have two hi point and two CX4 carbines now and love them to bits. I had to get a nother beretta so we could stop fighting over getting to shoot the one.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Also, get the pro-pack version as it comes with three mags and a mag holder for the stock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts